9/24 Luci AMPS 203 Day 22

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone,

Well, Luci had a dive day yesterday...a day later than expected/predicted and I wasn't 'on guard'...too busy with my challenging work project to remember to set the timer and the hours slipped by :( And so did she...

I hope I can do better today and I hope Luci will do better today as well.

We can only look forward to how we can make this day a better day.

Sending thoughts and prayers to @Chris & China (GA) as she mourns the loss of her dear mom.

Have a good day everyone, may your kitties surf safely.

Sam & Esse and JaxBenji like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci slides down slowly and surfs safely today.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Luci is so lucky to have you! And wow did you predict her dive on your SS many days ago? So interesting how well we get to know our kitties through all this. Have a wonderful day!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice and easy today Luci
    Have a great day Sue

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Keep it safe Luci.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

Good morning, Sue! --Erm, or I guess it's already afternoon for you :D

So far, not as bad a bounce as I was dreading :cat: Of course, we all would like to see Luci do better; hopefully she slides down back to blue soon.

Okay, this is where my bad memory is coming into play. I'm sure I'd read somewhere, at some time, that the body can mount different immune responses to different insulin. So while there might be very low activity for one type (say Lev) the body might pick up the response when exposed to another (in this case, maybe Tresiba?). I can't say for sure something like this is happening, and for the life of me I can't remember where I read this :blackeye: I want to think that the solution was to either wait it out, or eventually switch to either another new insulin, or back to an old one that had a better response. But since I can't remember where I might have read this :banghead::banghead::banghead: Instead of taking this with a grain of salt, you might need the whole grinder...

I was pretty sure this was the case :cat: Overall, you have a much better handle on FD than I ever had :bighug:

You have a very good, intuitive grasp of TR. I think you're good using it as a guideline, but if you get a gut feeling that maybe you need to hold the dose a bit longer despite Luci diving repeatedly -- or if you get a feeling in the opposite direction that she needs a reduction early -- I'd say go with what you feel more secure with. Luci isn't abiding by any rules :facepalm:

It could be that you're seeing a secondary dip with the Tresiba after the next shot time. I'd wondered, too. Because while supposedly Tresiba might have an onset at the 1 1/2 hour mark, it's not supposed to really kick in until later. Much later. But if there is a lingering effect from the last shot... Yeah, that might account for it. Eventually the Tresiba nadir time should move further and further out... eliminating that overlap that's sending her diving (if that's what it is). But that's months down the road.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Come on, Luci! Stability is fun!
    Have a great day, Sue!

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hi Sue. I have a full time job caring for my dad lately, but can't help checking in on Luci.
    Is there any way you can put down in the comments section, exactly when, and how much (carb amount included) you are feeding Luci?
    If yes, it might help some of us see if there is some correlation to her BG numbers. A little red flag hit me when you talked about feeding at every test.
    We all know carbs are key, but protein and fat also play a small role. Fat with carbs slows down the speed at which carbs take effect. In people, even protein can raise the BG a bit.

Yes I've read about Tresiba lasting forty something hours, but from my recent reading, I see Tresiba is supposed to be a 24 hour insulin for people. So those who used to dose twice daily can now dose once daily. Well that isn't the case for many. I know others besides myself who use Lantus or Levimir once daily, and get 24 hour coverage. But, we (mostly Type 1s) also use a fast acting insulin with any carbs eaten (unless propping the Lev or Lantus with a few carbs at peak times when we don't eat regular meals).

I haven't read anything about this yet, but am curious about once daily dosing with a tiny bit higher dose. A little counterintuitive? Yes, and I don't know.

All the above is just my two cents and puzzling over Luci girl. I hope I haven't offended in any way!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Sue and Luci

Hahaha....I love your sense of humor!

I have the same problem...can't remember where I read/saw things previously! I google around...sometimes I'm lucky, sometimes not.

I feel the same way...I'm going to stop getting so excited about the extremes...she responds so well to carbs I think I'm not going to reduce the next time we see a 40. I'm thinking maybe we might need a new 'scale' for Tresiba...not sure if the SS's creators would go for that...but we'll see...

So what I'm suggesting is that the lime green not come into play until there are numbers lower than the under 50 range....but only time will tell...Luci has leveled off today...sitting comfortably at the beach in her lovely blue lounge...wearing her blue swimsuit, just in case...with a blue cat-tini in her paw..imagine that if you will...Life O' Reilly here!

9. Sue and Luci

No offense taken whatsoever! I love hearing what others have to say and I do appreciate you weighing in!

I too have a fulltime job...and have been super busy lately with launching a new server and all the fallout afterwards...hoping things will settle down soon and I'll have a few minutes to mark up her cans again...I'd gotten out of the habit since I separate all the lower carbs into one drawer and the higher ones into another...if I can think about it, I'll add that info to the notes...it's just a matter of taking the time to do it...something I seem to be terribly short on these days!

Luci is enjoying a nice day on the beach today! I hope you and Tina are doing well!! :bighug:

10. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Awe look at Luci surfing at the beach! She's having a grand time. Probably has no clue what she is putting her momma through with all of her antics. ;)
    I hope you're both having a great day.

Sue and Luci likes this.