9/23 Luci AMPS 222 Day 21

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone!

Luci just didn't have a very good day yesterday...barely made it to the beach before she turned around and headed back the other way - back to that darn lemon tree...that's very typical of her old patterns...no Tresiba isn't influencing her yearning for those yellows... 'sigh'.

I'm hoping that today will be a better day...otherwise, we'll be going back to 1 u to see if we can get her back into some decent numbers - at least mid-cycle - she's gotta do better than this!

Back to my challenging project today...:banghead::banghead:

Have a great day everyone. I hope your kitties surf safely!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci slides down for you today.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Come on Luci make ur momma proud:D:D:D
    good luck today with work Sue and try and have a good day

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Maybe she just needs more time? When I switched to Levemir it took many months before Ravan stopped getting pink & red #'s (check out his SS from 2018 to 2019! )

Are you getting some pretty colors yet up in Michigan?

[​IMG]

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Yes, we are starting to get some glorious color on the maple trees!

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at Ravan's SS. I kinda thought it might be more like when Luci started on Levimer...she seemed to settle down not terribly long after...

We're just taking it one day at a time here.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

@Sam & Esse - these are the craziest numbers I've ever seen! Luci seems to be all over the road...thoughts?

Sam & Esse likes this.
  7. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Another sub 50 day...hope all is well! I remember that sometimes dosing can go to once a day with triseba, but the yellows must make it harder to tell what to do, I’m sure. :bighug:

8. Sue and Luci

Yes, I was just reading that yesterday - reading about Tresiba gives me hope that we haven't done the wrong thing here...

Her numbers seem so erratic, I just don't know quite what to think. I was really hoping this would be a matter of getting some lower numbers at AM or PM pre-shot and then maybe consider skipping or postponing the shot...but these mid-cycle lows ... I just don't know.

Otherwise, Luci seems like her usual self...she's eating well...although she was being picky earlier today...perhaps that had something to do with the drop...she usually eats when she's ready..but today didn't seem to want it...and delayed eating...when she got what she wanted she was ravenous and ate every bite (Sheba pate at that point)...

I dunno...

Sam & Esse and thebigfuzz like this.
  9. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

:bighug:

It makes me think about how ‘normal’ ranges are created in the first place... they need to also have data outside of the range too - to create those bell curves ;) maybe Luci is just unique and the yellow book ends are her normal?

10. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

Good afternoon Sue, I just got the tag :nailbiting:
    (Today's paint project sucked away time -- I don't know where it went :facepalm: )

Ideas... well, I don't know if any of them are helpful, but...
    When I saw this morning's PS, I thought to myself, "Huh. That's just about the same number that Luci started out with on her last dive. --Nah, it's coincidence. Luci isn't going to dive to day. Maybe. Drat, I need to remember to let Sue know I'm suspicious after I get the trash out." :banghead: Needless to say, I forgot :banghead:
    Another idea that's been flitting about my head is, while Luci doesn't seem to have a problem with IAA -- I am wondering if she does have a few extra antibodies that are grabbing up insulin, then releasing them days later. Over and over again in an endless cycle. I don't know if this is possible, or what could be done if something like this is happening. But it sure seems that extra insulin gets randomly dumped into Luci's system on a regular basis.
    How uniform are the syringes you use? With Sam's, my lines were routinely a half unit off, up to one unit. I had to mark where the plunger went down to, and take my measurements from there. I really doubt this is a problem with Luci, because of how long you've been at this :cat:

It might be worth while to keep the 1s dose another 6 cycles -- although there will likely be a bounce from today, and that'll mess up any kind of accurate date :banghead:

The very last idea I had (and the one that's the most "out there") would be another dose reduction -- but I do not see that working :( Although if Luci keeps teasing sharks at her current dose, it might be inevitable. Unless you increase the carb % of her food at around the +3 test if she's in the middle blues...

:bighug:I hope your project is going well today!

11. JoyBee&Ravan

Sue,you're good with the computer ,could you take a look at Ravan's SS, 9/18 pmps .What's with the white box & weird placement of the 114?
    I've tried several times to re enter it & it's still like that?

12. Sue and Luci

Yes, I've had the same thing happen to me.

The cell is corrupt.

Copy a good one from any other cell, same color and paste it into that white cell. Then retype the number in.

Let me know if that works for you...it usually does for me.

13. Sue and Luci

Not sure how to go about that...if that were the case, wouldn't it seem reasonable then that she'd display this same behavior on Lev? It seemed like she was more level on Lev...although the endless yellow bookends just couldn't be shook...there weren't as many dives...although she's always been a big fan of diving...I thought it was better.

I have to say that I should have gotten a 5+, but worked right through...next thing I knew it was LATE! I'm like, OMG no one has tested Luci! I sure didn't expect her to be where she was when I finally did...
    I don't depend on the syringes to be uniform - so I use calipers - I'm aware that those markings on the syringe can vary from batch to batch, even from one syringe to the next...so I gave that up a long time ago. And when I set those calipers and lock them, they're dependably the same from one time to the next...so I'm pretty sure we're getting a consistent dose...

If she keeps up with these wild numbers I'd probably be inclined to take another reduction...but would hate to, I think it'll set her back...but we've been there before.

Do you think with Tresiba I should follow the TR dosing method; holding a dose for 3 days, reducing after 3 x under 50 or 1 under 40? At this point I'm not sure what to think of how she's doing on Tresiba...I expected to see some differences on the pre-shots, not in the middle of the cycle...but if Tresiba has a deeper half-life that extends into the next day, then mid-cycle could be the time when it's going to show up...

My logic is based on her dives at about 2-4 hours after getting her shot, which when combined with the half-life/depot effect of Tresiba it's possible that the load is just too much and pushes her numbers down at that particular time.

If that's the case, I'm going to have to test more than ever...not exactly the effect I was hoping for. It seem that the same is happening on the PM cycle...she tends to start that drop right around 3-5+...what a stinker!

Sam & Esse likes this.
  14. JoyBee&Ravan

Thank you! It worked.
    upload_2020-9-24_14-48-42.jpeg

Sue and Luci likes this.