9/22 Sunday PSPM 117, +2 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Autumn - Sunday’s mom, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

Autumn - Sunday’s mom Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Are you following SLGS or TR? Have you fed her? If not stall, don’t feed and test again in 20-30 minutes.

3. tiffmaxee

I just read your previous thread and you shot green already so you can shoot .50 now provided you can test and monitor. I guess you are following TR to clarify?

4. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

I just fed her before posting. I think I am doing the TR. Sorry, I just went back to try and read through the difference between the two. I’m still new, so I’ve basically just been randomly testing throughout the day.

5. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

What do you mean I “shot green”? Should I give .5 and test more throughout the night?

6. tiffmaxee

You shot a 94 this morning. That is lower than tonight. So shoot. Get a +1 and +2 to start.

7. tiffmaxee

Sorry . I missed this post. I see your cat was diagnosed in 2019. Did she go into remission? TR is more aggressive but it gives a better chance of remission.

8. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

No, I just found this group, so for all of this time up until 2 weeks ago, I was blind shooting… I had never home tested once, and she had been eating high carb dry food only. We are just switching to an all wet diet. That is the reason for the changes in her BG. Thank you for the advice. I just shot .5 and will get some tests in within the next few hours.

9. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

10. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

ok, thank you. I will do that again. I always just get worried when the number is hovering around 100 for the PSPM.

11. Christie & Maverick

Any time you get lower preshots, best to continue to monitor, remember, +2 with Lantus for most kitties usually gives a good indication of where the cycle will go. If lower, additional tests will be needed. Any notes you can provide in the comments regarding feeding (% carb and when) is helpful to people who offer advice :)

Welcome to the subforum - we are happy to help with any questions you have. A little favour to ask, because this subforum can get quite busy, we ask that posts follow these guidelines
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/posting-guidelines-please-read.231511/

Nice to see that Sunday is doing well on 0.5u.

12. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

Thank you for posting the guidelines. I’m glad I am learning more about how to use this forum. I am so grateful for the help, and I’m happy to make it easier on anyone helping me by simply putting the correct title or adding comments. I learn something every time I post. :)

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  13. tiffmaxee

I am glad you found us. It’s amazing how much better many cats do without dry food! Prior to having a diabetic cat I knew several people with them. They all shot blind and thought I was crazy to test. Both cats peed all over the house! At least no hypos!

14. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

It’s scary for me to think I was doing that for so long. Like you said, luckily no hypos… but crazy how the vet didn’t know to tell me any of this.

15. tiffmaxee

Sadly it happens more often than you can imagine. So many vets think their clients won’t test and they can charge a lot to do a curve which will likely be inflated due to stress. They dint suggest a diet change either unless to sell the RX food.

16. tiffmaxee

Would you change your title please? 9/22 Sunday PMPS 117. Then add your +1 and +2. Thanks.

17. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

Yes I will. Just added my +2. It is 139 (was 117 PSPM).

18. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

Yep, you described my situation exactly.

19. tiffmaxee

Looks like she will be fine tonight. If the +2 were much lower than the pmps you would want another test.

20. Autumn - Sunday’s mom

Ok. Because we are always just trying to make sure they aren’t getting too low, correct? Thanks for the help.

21. tiffmaxee

Yes. If the +2 was much lower you would feed a little lc and test again at +3. We don’t want her to drop under 50 and we want to catch the nadir, lowest point.

22. tiffmaxee

23. Christie & Maverick

Small correction to what was posted above, since you are using an AT2 we don't want her dropping under 68 if you are following TR.

24. tiffmaxee

Thanks Christie. I wrote the human meter number Autumn. :oops:

25. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Autumn have you decided what dosing method you want to follow
    I was wondering how Sunday was doing
    Did you buy the syringes with the half unit markings yet? I see Chris said you can get them at Walmart and posted a pic of them in one of your previous posts

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-low-go-slow-slgs-tight-regulation-tr.210110/

Is there any way you can get more tests in during the day, and especially after his PMPS , you are only seeing half the picture without getting more tests at night
    Just want the best for Sunday

You might want to post and ask someone to look at your spreadsheet , since Sunday has been on 0.5 for quite awhile

SLGS: You hold a dose for 7 days (unless a reduction is earned). You decrease the dose when the BG falls below 90. The aim of this protocol is to keep the cat in the 90-150 range. This is more suited for caregivers who can't test as much as TR requires. You do a weekly curve with SLGS.

TR is a more aggressive protocol with increases as often as every 3-5 days. Reductions are earned when the BG falls below 50. The aim is to keep the cat in the range of 50-100 (which is the normal BG range for cats). To follow TR, you would need to get at least one more test per cycle in addition to the pre-shot one i.e. 2 tests per cycle or 4 tests per day. You would also need to be feeding only LC canned food and no dry food.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  26. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Autumn, just checking in on Sunday, have you decided on what dosing method you are using. Sunday has been in 0.5 units for quite awhile
    I posted the link above so you can read about
    You might want to ask someone to take a look at your SS so you can get her BG into better numbers, Is there anyway you can start testing during the night cycle, you are only seeing half the picture . what happened to 10-15, 10-16, and 10-17? No testing ?
    Can you update your SS
    @Autumn - Sunday’s mom

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021