? 8/6 Snickers - PMPS 67, +1 =68, +2 =75 - hypo earlier, where does he need to be?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SingsToCats, Aug 6, 2020.

1. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

I haven't posted in a while. We've been away from home quite a bit, and it's been hard to take care of Snickers. I had to skip and lower doses because I couldn't monitor him.

He went down to 40 earlier. I can't seem to get him where I want - around 100. I can stay awake for several more hours, but I'd like to know if he's "safe" at this point.

I'm feeding him Friskies pate with gravy, and Temptations treats.

Previous:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-27-snickers-amps-409-6-270.232770/

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

He's earned a reduction with that 40 today down to 2.5 units.
    He needs to get up over 90 if you are doing SLGS. Then when you are happy with the BG, you can not feed for 2 hours and see if he can maintain the BG without dropping.
    Post and ask for help if you are unsure

SingsToCats likes this.
  3. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

Thanks, that's what I need to know. Your words must have been magic, he's up to 145 now.

I don't understand why he stayed low for so long. I'll be home tomorrow so I can check him frequently.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

He was possibly bouncing from the 76 a couple of days ago and came off the bounce. Sometimes when they come off the bounce they can drop quite low and fast

SingsToCats likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the reduction.

Your spreadsheet says you are using SLGS, the signature says TR. Could you update whichever is no longer correct? Thanks.

SingsToCats likes this.