8/19, Jake, AMPS 587, +4. 509 +7 463

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sharon & Jake, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Sharon & Jake

Sharon & Jake Member

Jakes numbers are still high. He seem to me almost like he’s getting dementia. He seems lost and disoriented. Gets to the litter box but doesn’t seem to make it in. I’m constantly cleaning up. How do you know when it’s time? He’s wining a lot. Sometimes for food and water but randomly all day. I don’t know what to make of it all.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Here's your thread from yesterday https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...zinc-to-lantus-yesterday.267262/#post-2990772

It's not unusual for him to be running this high since you just started a new insulin and because Lantus does take time to "fill the depot", it can be hard to watch.

I wonder if we could maybe fast track him since you started at 2.5 and he'd been on 3U of ProZinc? That would mean going up to 3U maybe tomorrow morning instead of waiting for 2 more days.

Let's see what @Wendy&Neko has to say.

Now that you're posting in the Lantus forum, we have a certain way we post. Each day you start a new thread and in the Subject line you put the date, cat's name, AMPS ### (and if you have a question you can ask it there or use the ? prefix over on the left side of the subject line). As the day goes on, if you get another test, you go back to that first post of the day and "edit" to add new numbers so it might look something like this:

8/18, Jake, AMPS ###, +5 ###, +9 ##, PMPS ###

That makes it easier for the people who scan the board to quickly see how each cat is doing and if somebody see's something concerning, they'll start commenting on those earlier.

3. Sharon & Jake

Sharon & Jake Member

Thanks. I’m a bit overwhelmed today.

Lando demando likes this.
  4. Lando demando

Lando demando Well-Known Member

Hugs to you. Ive been there where i thought Lando wanted to go. It took 6 months or so for Landos rollercoaster to flatten. Hang in there im rooting for you and Jake. It looks like these are early days for you. IT GETS BETTER!

5. Sharon & Jake

Sharon & Jake Member

I’m going out of town end of September. I think leaving him for 10-12 days is stressing me. I did today possibly find a pet sitter. Meeting her Sunday. Hopefully it’ll work out and I’ll feel better. And hopefully he’ll get controlled and he’ll get back to normal. One day at a time.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you don't see anything below 300 by tomorrow morning, I'd increase the dose to 3.0 units in the AM. That's not fast tracking, but rather putting him on the starting dose he should have been at. If there is anyway you can swing following TR instead of SLGS, we can get him to a better dose faster. TR allows faster increases. Some people start out on TR to get the cat closer to a good dose, then slow down. Just mentioning it as an option cause it looks like you are feeding all low carb wet food.

We have people leave on trips quite frequently. Post for help a few days before you go, and we'll help you figure out a good safe petsitter dose to leave him at.

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member