8/18, Tango, AMPS500, +3 313, +8 65 +8 1/2 80 PMPS 170 More Help Pls

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lori C & Tango, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Lori C & Tango

Lori C & Tango Well-Known Member

@tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko @Diane Tyler's Mom @Bandit's Mom

Just tested BG - 65 on Alpha Trak, which is the lowest reading ever. Also tested on Relion - 57. Went from 500 to 65 today. Will test again in 30. He hadn't had any food for 4 hours. We did just feed him.

Since he fell below 65, does this mean reduce dose tonight?

Please advise!

TIA

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, he earns a reduction by dropping below 68 on the Alpha Trak.

I see you fed him. Was it high carb food? You'll want to test again in 20-30 minutes to make sure he comes up

3. Lori C & Tango

Gave him Almo Nature, which is low carb.

Even if his BG goes back up to 300s, 400s at PMPS - still reduce. If so, by .25 or .50?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  4. Chris & China (GA)

If his PMPS is over 300, you can give the 2.75U dose ONE more time and then tomorrow morning you would only give 2.5. We call that "Shooting through the bounce" to help give them a little extra help due to the bounce from going so low.

5. Lori C & Tango

Ok. Still trying to understand the bounce better. BG is now 80. To confirm...

Scenario 1:

1) if his BG is between 80 and 300 at PMPS, then decrease to 2.5
    2) tomorrow morning give 2.5 and continue that dose

Scenario 2:

1) if his BG is above 300 at PMPS tonight, shoot 2.75
    2) drop to 2.5 tomorrow morning even if his BG is high

6. Chris & China (GA)

Purrfect!!

Bounces happen when 1. they drop too low, 2. they drop too fast, 3. they drop into numbers their body isn't used to anymore (or any combination of all 3). The liver releases stored sugars and hormones to bring the blood glucose back up. They "bounce" high. It can take up to 6 cycles (3 days) for those hormones to clear out of the body but usually, as the body gets more used to being in "good" numbers, the bounces won't last as long and they won't bounce as high. We call it "liver training school"

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. I just saw the 911. Since Chris helped you please remove the 911. That way if you nee$ help tonight you can put it back. I doubt that will happen. Most bounce. Congrats on the reduction.

8. Lori C & Tango

r
    Great explanation. I've heard it before, but sometimes it takes a few times to get it. Thank you!

9. Lori C & Tango

Done!

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Thanks.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Once you've had your question answered, please remove the "?" icon and update the subject line. Several of us scan the board looking for people who need help, and it's good to know when help has been received.

Good luck with the reduction.

12. Lori C & Tango

Sorry, but I just need to triple check. PMPS is 170. So shoot 2.5? Just wondering if we should go to 2.25?

13. Lori C & Tango

I posted last question same time you did this comment. PMPS is 170. Just want to triple check... shoot 2.5 or should we go to 2.25? Will remove ? from title once answered.

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A 0.25 unit reduction was earned, new dose is 2.5 unit. Too low to shoot threw the bounce.

15. Lori C & Tango

Thank you. I will remove ?