8/18 Jack- 370@AMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

Well, I guess his body had enough of green numbers, and the past 2 mornings we have mid to high threes. Or, he is still trying to reset himself after Tuesday's craziness. Yesterday after his PM shot I never saw any green, but I did need to sleep more than 2 hours at a time, so I don't know what he did after +5pm. Seeing how high he is this morning, I doubt he was under 90, so I kept the 8.5 unit dose this morning. I work 2 jobs today and there will be a lack of testing, so I'm planning on keeping that dose for the PM, even if he is a little high, and then looking at numbers, maybe leaving some kibble out since I won't get back to my house until about 8 hours after his PM shot. He is eating wet food now, mostly pate, as long as he thinks he is not going to be allowed to have it and his siblings are. I feel bad making him watch everyone eat for a few minutes, but in the end, it's better for him I guess. I'm hoping eventually he will just decide to eat with everyone at the same time.

Thanks everyone, as always.

Yesterday's thread:https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...s-am-106-5hrsam-how-long-hold-9u-dose.267239/

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

His spreadsheet is so much better than even a month ago! I hope you have found how to trick him to eat wet. (antijinx)

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  3. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

Yes, I was talking to my sister about her parrot, and long story short, I got this idea that instead of trying to just feed Jack something special, I would feed everyone else wet food and make him watch his bros and sisters eat w/out him. Seemed to work, cause he was more motivated to eat the pate than usual and I've been doing that ever since. He started with some wet food and then going back to kibble, but now seems to prefer wet to the kibble because his family certainly does and he hates to think they have something he doesn't. It is mostly Friskies pate, with extra water for the gravy effect, but he does get prime filets in gravy at the pm shot time sometimes since i have to leave the house and his numbers have been bouncy, and also because I have a few cases in the house for his siblings, and the food must match to be effective with the trick. I figure, some gravy is better than kibble. Cat makes me crazy!

Angela & Cleo likes this.