8/17 Max AMPS 536 +3 317 +6 180

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Oh no! Just going to pretend that I don’t see this. I hate it. I don’t know for sure what happened but maybe he went too low last night, or maybe because of the dive earlier yesterday, or maybe high before low again? Only LC last night.:arghh::arghh::arghh:

2. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Max & Lori likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Hang in there. It's just one number. He'll come back down. Did you think to retest to make sure it's a good number. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Max & Lori likes this.
  4. Max & Lori

Thanks, unfortunately yes that was the number.

5. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

AM+6 is :cool:. Looks like you were right on the money and the AMPS was the high before the low.
    FYI, looks like you were also right about Cleo too when you told me about the steady yellows. She gave me a :cool: @+6.5. INVALUABLE knowledge! :bighug:Thank you.

Max & Lori likes this.
  6. Max & Lori

Glad Cleo is coming down. I think Max is coming off of a bounce and will probably bounce again. I'm so tired and feel so defeated sometimes, it's unreal. I keep trying to do my best, that's all I've got. Because he's an acrocat, he may not ever be OTJ, but I wish, oh how I wish I could figure out a better way at least through the night. I'm not a good napper, so I'm not getting enough sleep and that affects how I feel during my daily activities. It's just hard, but everybody has their own struggles through this, not just me.

Thanks for being so encouraging. You're very sweet.

So I've been told by someone here before, the flat yellows SOMETIMES can be a warning sign of lower numbers to come, but not always. It's worth knowing though. Max has done that on occasion but not every time. It's just kind of a thing to get your attention I think. Cleo could be already responding to her increase and that's why she's coming down, which is great! :):):)

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

And he's back blue already. :cool::cool:

How did you feed him during last night's blues? If same LC as usual, the other explanation is bouncing from a long stretch of blues he's not used to. The good news is that he's getting those long stretches and recovering very quickly.

Max & Lori likes this.
  8. Max & Lori

I fed him his usual LC. I'm staying with LC all the time unless I have to go out somewhere or if I need rest, but I always indicate it on his SS if I do. I try not to feed anything but LC. He gets 1/2 of his dinner fed at PMPS, then at +3, I give him the second half of his dinner, then at the last BG check usually at +5, he gets a snack before I go to bed. He still dives sometimes and I think he goes lower at night when I can't catch it. You are right though, he's not used to blues or greens, but I see that he's having longer stretches of blue lately. At one time he was having longer stretches of green and doing great. Can't seem to get back there again? Is the SRT causing the highs and lows like that? He's so bouncy. I feed him basically the same everyday, his meals are split in half divided between PS and +3, then he gets one or two snacks, all LC. Is there something that you know of that I could do better to benefit him? It's hard with him because of all of his comorbidities too, I know. I don't know if it's just me making this so hard for myself or what. I know I can be that way.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The feeding schedule sounds good. I've heart SRT cats are bouncy. It's a balance between being at a dose that sees more greens, by reducing the reduction point, and risking him do a sudden lime on you, and a lower dose that occasionally sees greens but their body isn't as used to it.

Max & Lori likes this.