8/16KahluaPMPS=231+2=182+3.25=125

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kahluasmom, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Kahluasmom

Kahluasmom Well-Known Member

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hello, Maria. I see she tried to be dramatic yesterday. How are you and all of your furry (and non furry) family? I hope Mouse is okay, too.

Kahluasmom likes this.
  3. Kahluasmom

She's a funny one, isn't she? The girls are adjusting to having raw food. Kahlua is doing really well on it. Lulu is still coming along. Hairballs, constipation, etc. Mouse.....pooping is better and she weighed 7.4 lbs. yesterday, which is an all time high. But, still with the nausea. She gets a zofron every 3-4 days, but could probably do better every other day. She still is eating less while on it. Does the nausea ever stop? She's drinking lots of water again, too. Another uti???? How are you??

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Why aren’t you giving Mouse daily zofran? It’s best when dusted 2-3 times a day and with severe nausea they now say even 4X.

Kahluasmom likes this.
  5. Kahluasmom

The vet said 1x daily as needed. I was hoping to get her off of it eventually. At first she would do great with it once every 4 days, but now it's more like 2-3 days. She eats freeze dried turkey like it's going out of style, but her food.....meh.....I'm also trying to get her off of Stella and Chewy's because of the bone, but she's a very slow switcher!

6. tiffmaxee

Once a day makes no sense. It doesn’t last more than 8 hours. Maybe 12.

Kahluasmom likes this.
  7. Kahluasmom

Are cats generally on it for life? She seemed to be doing so well and now it seems like she needs it all the time. I had thought that once she was on raw and went thru the steroids she'd do okay. But lately I'm back to begging her to eat enough.

8. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

I'm tagging Elise @tiffmaxee , because she has lots of experience with Zofran. However, I will say that if kitty is constantly nauseous and not eating as a result, it might be better to give it twice a day as that is generally how it gets prescribed. What did your vet say when they wrote the Rx?

Kahluasmom likes this.
  9. tiffmaxee

Ondansetron used to be given twice a day but in recent years it’s often needed 3 times in 24 hours. Max did okay on every 12 hours but I wonder if it was enough. He only needed it if having a pancreatitis flare but sone cats need it it cerenia all the time. I would start it whenever he was inappetent. CKD cats are often nauseous. I posted awhile ago dosing for lots of medications including nausea meds on main and which ones you needed to be careful if CKD and ondansetron was not listed as needing a lower dose.

10. Kahluasmom

I double checked and it's every 12 hours. She had done really well getting 1/4 tablet every 4-5 days. But lately it seems to help slightly for maybe 24 hours.

11. tiffmaxee

If you give it twice a day for awhile I bet you will find you don’t need to coax her to eat. That’s a sign of nausea. At first Max didn’t get a big enough dose and I was giving an appetite stimulant. Once he was on the right dose every 12 hours tge appetite stimulant wasn’t needed. I thought he would never get off the meds until he got the right dose long enough. Then I weaned him off to every other day and watched to see how he did. If the least but inappetent I started back.

Kahluasmom likes this.
  12. Kahluasmom

That's what I did with Mouse. I thought the antibiotic was causing it, and once she was off of it, I started backing off the Zofron. Whenever I noticed her slowing way down, I started again. But, maybe I needed to start again every 12 hours instead of just 1/4 pill and done.

Another question: Where's the best place to buy Zofran? I've gotten them at Walgreens, but super expensive. Currently I got them from Chewy.....super cheap but beastly to cut into quarters. I throw a lot out. And how on earth do you cut them into quarters accurately?????

13. tiffmaxee

Check prices on Good RX. Costco was often good. The more you but from some the cheaper I learned. I’d often buy 60.

Kahluasmom likes this.
  14. Kahluasmom

Mouse stopped eating yesterday. She has an appt. this afternoon with the vet. She will eat treats, but that's it. I even gave her Mirataz yesterday and nothing.

15. tiffmaxee

Sounds nauseous. That’s what happened when Max was first diagnosed with pancreatitis. He became picky and then stopped eating. I hope Mouse is okay. Let us know what your vet says. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Kahluasmom likes this.
  16. Kahluasmom

I will. She did finally eat some Instinct duck....like 1/8 can.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  17. Kahluasmom

Mouse is eating pretty well today, thanks to Mirataz and Zofron. I moved her vet appt. to Saturday morning. Shes eating and drinking and acting pretty normal despite the howling from Mirataz, so probably not an emergency. She doesn't seem to be in any pain.....just nauseous. More Zofron coming up! It could be the tiny bit of chicken she had a few days ago. We tried a smidge twice.....like 1/4 teaspoon.....that's when this started.

18. tiffmaxee

Keep up the zofran twice a day.

Kahluasmom likes this.
  19. Kahluasmom

Not 3?

20. tiffmaxee

Three might be even better.

Kahluasmom likes this.