8/16 Esca AMPS 87 +3 78 - Dosing question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kirsta & Esca, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Kirsta & Esca

Kirsta & Esca Member

2. Cali S

Cali S Member

From a relative newbie's perspective - those numbers are looking good! They're all within meter variance of green, and I wouldn't look to increase. Especially since it doesn't look like you're getting a picture of what Esca's nadir is.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I see that you free feed Esca. Any way of putting food in front of him around +9 to entice him to eat? That'll help his sputtering pancreas go into gear, and hopefully lower those blue preshots you are sometimes getting.

I'm also seeing a number of days, and nights, with no second test after preshot. Without those tests, we can't really say how low he's going on this dose so not sure it's safe to increase. Any chance of getting a few more second tests in the cycle?

4. Kirsta & Esca

Kirsta & Esca Member

@Wendy&Neko we can try it for sure!

what do you mean second test after preshot? A +1? We usually aim to get at least 1 at +2 or +3, but this week I’m away from home and my husband can’t get home from work to test on all the days.

5. Kirsta & Esca

Kirsta & Esca Member

He should be able to do a full curve tomorrow.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Some of those before bed tests at night are missing. If you can't get a test during the day, I'd way until you can to evaluate what to do next on the dose.

7. Kirsta & Esca

Kirsta & Esca Member

Okay. My husband forgot to add last nights number but it’s up now. He forgot and missed two other evening checks.
    He’s off for the next few days, I’ll have him check multiple times a day for the next few days. Thank you