7.25 Macho AMPS 327 +2 332 pmps 338

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Garciacat, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He’s bouncing from dropping to the 49’s yesterday. That tells us that right now he needs less insulin. When his sugar is low for him his body gets worried and sends out its own insulin which leads to high numbers. His sugar might be high for as long as a few days. It’s happened every time he’s been in green. Look at the spreadsheet and you can see after greens he’s up to pink for awhile but then comes down to blue and green. It’s normal. Lowering the dose as we did is a good thing. Now you feed his fancy feast until his sugar comes down. You won’t need to test a lot today. Just do a +5 next and unless he surprises me you won’t need another test until tonight. Make sense?

Garciacat and Bandit's Mom like this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Clara

We adjust the dose of insulin based on how low Macho goes on a dose. If he dips below 50, it means he is getting too much insulin and needs a reduction.
    The higher numbers (pinks and yellows) that you are seeing are his body's reaction the lower numbers that he is not used to. It is called "bouncing" and when that happens we just wait for the bounce to clear.

Macho seems to take some time to adjust to reductions, so let us hold this dose 8-10 cycles and see how he does with less insulin.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Garciacat and tiffmaxee like this.
  4. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think Elise meant "When his sugar is low for him his body gets worried and sends out its own glucose which leads to high numbers.

Bounces happen when 1. they drop too low, 2. they drop too fast, 3. they drop into numbers their body isn't used to anymore (or any combination of all 3).

In Macho's case, he ticked off all 3 of them last night so his liver got scared since that 41 is too low, he dropped really fast (from 179 to 75 in 2 hours) and he dropped into numbers his body isn't used to anymore..... so a lot of sugars and hormones that Mr. Liver usually holds onto (in case of emergencies) got dumped into Macho's bloodstream so by this morning, he bounced high again.

It can take several days for the extra hormones and sugars to clear out of Macho's body so we just have to wait and see how long it is before we know for sure that all the "extras" are gone again.

Does that make sense to you, Clara and Al?

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

Thanks Chris. Exactly what I meant to say.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  7. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

yes @Chris & China (GA) thank you for helping us.
    thank you everyone.

Clara and Al

8. tiffmaxee

Get one test at +2 or +3 and unless it’s a lot lower you can take night off from testing.

Bandit's Mom and Garciacat like this.
  9. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

332 again

10. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like Mr. Macho's going to give you two a night off!

Hope you have something fun you can do instead of watching the cat all night!

Garciacat likes this.
  11. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

sleep Zzz.
    Clara is already Zzz only in case of emergency i wake her up.

Al

12. tiffmaxee

You can sleep. Good night.

Garciacat likes this.
  13. tiffmaxee

Good Morning. I was looking for your amps. Everything ok?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  14. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

Yes, I just added the data.
    Thank you for checking.