7/24 Luci AMPS 127

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Last Condo

Happy Caturday everyone!

Just a brief visit to say hi - we're making it thru the first week of post-op recovery for DH. He's having a time of it...no surprise there. But we're hopeful that this is the worst of it and that he'll improve from here on out. At least that's what they said at the hospital - first two weeks after a hip replacement will be the worst - after 6 weeks he'll be starting to feel much better - at 12 weeks, won't know it happened! We're counting the day.

Luci's numbers have been up/down and all around....but she's acting like her old sassy self. She was giving DH a lesson in how to hiss and growl last night as he was teasing her by waving his finger around...she's feeling just fine! She likes to visit him and lay by him in bed...he was wondering what that 'big lump' was! :p:D:eek:

Ok, time to get back to it...seems I'm always chasing something - today it's refills on prescriptions and some groceries...

Have a great day everyone! I hope your kitties are surfing well! :bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Luci. I hope she surfs safely today. Sending prayers for DH's recovery. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Sue, I hope the days go by quickly so DH can start to feel better.
    A nice start for Luci this morning. :bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was wondering how DH was doing. My friends recovered much faster than what the docs said. Hoping the same for DH. Luci is looking good. :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning Sue. Hope Bill is feeling a little less pain today. I hope you got some rest from your extra busy day yesterday. No appointments for your mom? Is she having any pain from the new crown? Luci is having a good start for her day. Surf safely Luci :cool: Maybe today you can read a book on the gazebo :rolleyes:.
    Sending healing prayers for Bill. Hope you get some rest or at least time to relax. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

I always get a laugh out of this one - me?:facepalm::p:D:joyful::joyful::joyful: Read a book in the gazebo? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not until all the chores are done out there - check the pool, water all the flowers/plants around the pool and in the greenhouse - do the same for the front yard - hook up deer deterrent...and then get back into the house to check on Luci (who btw is having some fun in the lagoon today)...make lunch; take ice packs up; do laundry...get the mail .. what did I leave out? I dunno...but I'm taking a little break here on my computer...I'd better get moving. That was all on my to do list after I came home with the groceries and put them away...sorting out lunch now (I made a salad recipe I've been wanting to try)...clean up the kitchen from making the salad ...I'd like a little piece of that pie in there...maybe with some coffee?? Got some meat into the smoker now to cook for an early dinner...whew ...

You guys have a great day too!

He does seem to be feeling better today...:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  7. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

glad to hear dh feels a bit better today and that luci is enjoying the surf.

oh, yes, a maybe a scoop of ice cream?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Sue, I get tired thinking about all you get done. I am behind on everything. Yes, ice cream on that pie :p. I look forward to the day you don’t :facepalm::rolleyes::D:p and find time to at least sit in the gazebo :joyful::joyful:. Remember to find time for Sue. Take care, prayers for Bill. Hope you enjoyed that smoked meat and that new salad for lunch. :bighug::bighug::bighug:Surf safely sweet Luci :cool:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

And then to top it off, someone from work ran into a snag and emailed me to help them...and of course I did my best. I ran into a snag myself with the IT department and their unwillingness to bend the rules and reboot a server for me...those people would rather spend an hour telling me about their 'no work on weekends' rule than to take 5 minutes to reboot a server! Aaaargghghgh...oh well...I patched what I could in the code so the requestor could get her work done - no idea why she's working on a Saturday afternoon - I don't even ask anymore...it's a hospital and things happen around the clock 7/24/365...one of these days we'll get an IT department that realizes they work for a hospital and not a bank! :facepalm:

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

:joyful::joyful::joyful: You could ask the public to adjust their illnesses and the hospitals that take care of them, to banking hours. Computers closed after 5pm and weekends. :D

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

But did Luci snag any ;)? I miss hearing her sneaky, yet impressive, contraband acquisitions.

Hugs to you and Luci and your hubby :bighug:

12. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Susanne. Hope all is well with you and your family. Hugs to Benji from Dolly :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    ( sorry Sue for intruding :p on your thread but wanted to say hi)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Sue and Luci

None for Luci - she's been after the butter lately though! We're more careful with the pie - could be we just don't want to share...:joyful::joyful:!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Our Dolly Girl (GA) and JaxBenji like this.
  14. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Dolly loves butter :p:p

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Sue, just a quick check in. How are you today? How is Bill doing? I hope the pain is lessening. How is your mom? Is your son still helping out? Thank you for you post last night. I just got Dolly to come lay on our bed with me but with conditions. She will have her back to me and I better not touch her. :stop:If I dare to do that she will turn her head towards me and make a sort of bark :mad: remember her voice box is damaged. My poor kitty wants so bad to be loved but whatever I did :oops: it still could be my hospital stay, she is not ready to forgive. :facepalm: Sending healing prayers for Bill and resting prayers for Sue. Luci just continue on being a beautiful, healthy kitty cat. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  16. Sue and Luci

Just taking a few minutes to pop in - sorry I didn't post today - or was it yesterday? I can't even remember...the days slide into one another so fast.

Bill is feeling a little better today - thankfully - he's careful with his pain meds - not to let too much time pass between - it's better overall if he stays on schedule with all of that.
    Mom is ok...she's feeling a little better after getting her tooth worked on extensively..still complaining about everything else though.

I spoke with my boss this afternoon - he was off for a few days - and he fell and broke his arm and cracked two ribs - tripped over a curb! So that surgeon is officially not operating for a couple of weeks...if it's not one thing it's another...

I snuck in a little nap this afternoon - and Luci has been surfing the lagoon in the late part of the day - I'm hoping her PMPS won't be too low for her usual shot...she really has had some crazy numbers the last couple of days...

Hopefully I'll have a better morning tomorrow and can post - I had an early meeting today and an appointment for an hour - so it was a busy morning - but it's been a beautiful Summer day here at least! The sandhill cranes and a deer were in our front yard this morning - waiting for a snack.

Hope you guys are well...I hope Dolly will start trusting you a little more - maybe the 'bark' is just her way of saying she's surprised? Keep trying to gently touch her...even if it's just a little scritch (tell her it's from us)...soon she'll understand that you didn't mean to leave her alone and she'll forgive you..just keep talking to her and telling her it was an unfortunate turn of events which you were powerless to do anything about.

Have a good evening!

17. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Sue. So happy to hear Bill feels a little better. Off to PT. Talk to Dolly… if you only knew the conversations we have. I have always talked to my animals. I have always adored my animals, nearly all animals. I will explain another time. Rest, rest, rest. Where is your son??please take care of yourself. I am rushing. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  18. Sue and Luci

He was here yesterday - helping us with the housework and the heavy lifting :) I don't know what I'd do without him!

19. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Sue, so glad you have such a good son. My daughter, well thank goodness she was there for my husband when I went into the hospital. Thank goodness for both her and my husband when I got home. I actually had to let others help me, not easy for me, I don’t know if I was a good patient in the beginning. I’m glad Bill is staying ahead with the pain meds. Waiting until you are in agony doesn’t work.

I see Luci decided to make today a challenge. :D I hope she knows she looks much prettier in blue :cool: How are her numbers tonight?

Take care all of you. Luci surf safely and give your mom a rest. Prayers for Bill’s recovery.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Talk soon.

Sue and Luci likes this.