7/24 Chloe - AMPS 72 | PMPS 75 - decrease (sort of)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Librarianista, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Good morning Alex! :coffee: My civvie is a chronic vomiter and she goes off her food every once in a while because she's got the early signs of IBD, a little worrisome because she's a bit underweight. Her vet suggested Cerenia every other day and it works wonders. If you don't have Cerenia on hand though I found ¼ of a 10 mg tablet of Pepcid to also help. There's a lot on it on Tanya's CRF site and it's safe to use if your kitty has CKD as an acidic tummy is often a problem.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would not give Pepcid as it’s not used as much as it used to be even fir ckd. I just read yesterday’s post and it appears that the clavamox is upsetting her tummy. I’d try cerenia or ondansetron. Are you giving her a probiotic?

4. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

I picked up some Cerenia today and just gave her 1/4 tablet. So far, no evidence of an upset tummy today but it usually hits between 2-4 in the afternoon and its 1:45 right now. Been sleeping on the sofa most of the day as far as I can tell. And she ate heartily this morning.

Picked up a few different varieties of Weruva with low phosphorous so hopefully she likes them:

Chicken Frick A Zee
    Lamb Burgini
    Meow Luau
    Mideast Feast
    Fowl Ball
    Funk in the Trunk

Some are 7-8% carb which is more than I’ve been feeding her. But I was a bit limited to what was in stock.

I also picked up some plain Greek yogurt. She’ll eat it if she licks it off my finger, but otherwise no interest.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  5. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Super flat all day long!

Decided to try a decrease to 1U tonight. I was eyeballing it, but I think the new syringes have a slightly larger 1U when I compared water droplets, so I don’t think it’s a full .25 reduction.

No vomit so far. Spent some time sleeping under furniture, but came out at shot time. No lap sits today, but there was purring.

Also, she went to town on the Weruva chicken/pumpkin I gave her. So that’s good!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  6. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

I was wondering if you were going to try another reduction soon. That's good! Hope it holds. And yay for no more vomiting and for liking the Weruva!

Librarianista likes this.
  7. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

She’s had some middling blues in the last week, but since BG tends to go up with infection, I figure her healthy BG is actually in a good range to try. Here’s to hoping!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.