7/24, AMPS 332, PMPS 290 Curve Day...dosing question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Elizabeth & Aiden, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Elizabeth & Aiden

Elizabeth & Aiden Member

Hey all! So I feel like Aiden and I are kind of at a standstill here...we made it up to 4U, came down to 3.75U, came down to 3.5U, back up to 3.75U and holding...I was getting so hopeful when we started decreasing! But now I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Cutting back on his food would probably help, but he already gags/throws up when I take it up at the two hour mark :/

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here is the link to your last post here, for a little context/history: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-20-curve-day-amps-310-4-176-6-68-need-advice.248846/

I'm not sure why you reduced down to 3.5 units on 6/28. Since your spreadsheet says you are following SLGS, you don't reduce the dose unless they go below 90, which he had not done. With SLGS, your goal is to get to a dose where the nadirs (note the plural) are between 90 and 149. I see the one 146 on 3.75 units, but I suspect he needs to go back up to 4 units again. I think it'll really help you have a better idea what to do if you can get more mid cycle tests. On 3.75 units, you only have mid cycle data on one cycle. By mid cycle I don't mean exactly middle of the cycle, but some where between the preshots. It's also really important to get some tests at night. Many cats (probably the majority) go lower at night. Since we determine how to change the dose based on those low points (nadirs), we need to get a picture of what is happening at night. Is it possible to get some night time tests just before you go to bed?