7/23 Pearl PMPS 104 Pred day

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Jul 23, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Good evening all!

Pearl is continuing to stay flat on the 0.125U dose (which = 1 drop with my calipers and syringes. I didn't realize this, I thought 0.125U would be more, but have tested it now on 3 needles, it's 1 drop! I can't believe we made it to the 1 drop dose!!) I'm happy with how quickly she is clearing today's Pred. I hope these high greens and low blues aren't too high for the drop dose?? I am not used to getting some low blues (I know, I am spoiled).

Hope all kitties are doing WELL and surfing safely!

7/21 post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...on-about-inverted-cycles.250176/#post-2821969

FrostD likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Pearl is doing well. Those aren't bad numbers for a kitty on pred.

3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hi Margaret!

I went from .25 to .1 then to a drop - with all my practicing, I made two equal drops from the .1 dose
    I don't know how that helps though! Interesting what you found with your own measuring!

That would mean your next step would be zero, right?

4. Margaret (and Pearl)

I think my measurements were always slightly off when I first calculated out distances with the calipers months ago. I tried several different needles all were 1 drop, nice sized drop. So should I try to divide that into two small drops for the next reduction is that what you’re saying you did Jan? If I can’t do that then next is OTJ but it doesn’t seem possible we are there already.

5. Margaret (and Pearl)

@Tamar this is the post I made today in the Lantus forum. If you go to the top of this page you can click on the Lantus/Glargine link and see what it’s all about!

6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry my answer was not clear about next steps! I measured the .1 with calipers, but for the one drop, 1) draw a bit of insulin into syringe, then shoot it out (priming the needle)
    2) push hard on syringe top like you are squeezing insulin out
    3) push syringe back in insulin, then let go of pushing pressure which will draw in a drop!

If by doing that drop method, you end up with the same size drop as your .125 dose, then you are already on the last dose before stopping. I hope this makes sense!!

Let us know what you find! I still wish her numbers were a bit lower, but I might be pickier than necessary!

7. Margaret (and Pearl)

Yeah I don’t know at this point if I go back up to the 0.25 or keep going down? I suppose she is technically flat compared to previous doses but I don’t know.

@tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko do you have any insights? If these low blues between preshots continue am I on a par with previous doses to reduce or should I take it back up to the 0.25?

yes the drop is what we are on Jan! Thanks for your helpful explanation!

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m not sure but I think I would continue with your current dose. See what Wendy thinks.

9. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thank you Elise and Jan :bighug::bighug: