7/23 Oscar AMPS 497, +5 346, PMPS 531

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by a_rose51, Jul 23, 2021.

1. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

Still high, but somewhat better at least. Eating like a champ. Possibly too much? He’s hungry enough for a meal when I come home at lunch. I’m thinking maybe I should get an autofeeder and do three smaller snacks during the day?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yup it can be! Is he allergic to any protein?

Unregulated cats cannot process their food and are always hungry. Once their numbers improve, their appetites also reduce. Smaller meals through the cycle is what we recommend.

Link to your previous post:
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-22-oscar-amps-546-2-531-6-470-pmps-519.250196/

3. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

Good question. Not that I know of, but I will start keeping a chart and maybe I can narrow it down.
    I’ll order some feeders today and get those going. He’s also on cyproheptadine, which I’m weaning him off of, per the vet. I don’t know if I can just quit cold turkey. Sorry I forgot to link! I’ll remember tomorrow. As always, THANK YOU!!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Good morning!
    You are so lucky to have Bhooma helping!
    Perfect to serve more meals with the auto feeder too, when you aren't around. More frequent meals will keep the BG more stable. I called all Tina's meals, snacks.
    It is hard to be patient with these high numbers, but important. It takes 1-2 weeks at the beginning, to see how the starting dose is working.
    Ok, to the important stuff, Oscar is out of the black ugly 500s, thank goodness!! Next fun thing will be seeing yellows. Now I am the one who needs patience pants!! Pink is better than black;)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck, Andrea. So glad you are on this site. You will see improvements but as Jan says you need to be a little patient.

6. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

Good Morning, Jan! I feel so lucky to have all of you helping and responding. It is very reassuring.

I know! It's strange to be happy about but I'm hoping it'll be the beginning of a trend downward. Thank you for being supportive!!

7. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

Thank you so much! I'm so glad I found you guys. I'll try!

Also, your baby is beautiful!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  8. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you! And your boy looks like a big, hugable fluffball! :D