6/24 Maki BOTJ AMPS 277

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patricia & Maki (GA), Jun 24, 2022.

1. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Patricia & Maki (GA) Member

Hello again Friends,

Unfortunately Maki is Back On The Juice as of yesterday. Found her listless and staring. Rushed her into vet after testing. She was 273 then 30 minutes later 287 then 30 minutes 330. Vet gave her SubQ fluids and Vit B12, sent us home with appetite stimulant as she hadn't eaten or drank over night. She has since returning home urinated, but no BM or eating.

Just ordered new Lantus (even though we have an almost full bottle but it's from last February). Picking up Rx as soon as pharmacy calls.

Put some Mirataz transdermal ointment on her left ear per instructions to get he to eat so it's safe to shoot. I will restart her spreadsheet too. She is still eating only Fancy Feast Pates.

Advice? What next?

Thanks,
    Patricia

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m sorry to see you back. Any idea why? Are her teeth good? Any infection?

3. tiffmaxee

When you start the ss fill in all numbers you gave so far. Make sure you have hypo supplies: honey/karo, hc, mc. I’d also do a curve. No ketones at the vet I hope. :bighug:

4. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Vet said no obvious infection. She was running a slight temp, they put her on a cooling pad and it came down.
    She had been gaining weight which I thought was a good thing, but maybe not?
    She's at 12.6 now. We moved when my husband's dad grew ill. So we now live in 300 sq ft in an attic. Also there's a cat that lives with mom (TC) who attacked Maki when we first moved in. So Maki stays upstairs and does not get all the exercise she used to up and down the three flights of stairs. I am just guessing at things that have contributed maybe? Your thoughts?

5. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Vet said no kidney damage, no acidosis. All other labs looked good. So I so challenged by the spreadsheet. LOL. :banghead: She's still not eating so have not shot since 5 pm ET yesterday.

6. tiffmaxee

A temperature means infection I think. Gaining weight can definitely be a cause as can stress. I am so sorry you are having all this stress. I wonder if pancreatitis. That requires a blood test but I have not seen a temperature with it. Can you syringe feed her? Have you tried baby food?

7. Patricia & Maki (GA)

OK, will syringe feed her if she does not eat or drink in next hour. I am staying with her every second. Vet called back, they are calling in new Lantus now. So sending husband to pick that up. Will pick up baby food when getting Rx. Thanks for leading me again through this. I do have a good hypo kit ready. Learned that from you folks last year.

8. tiffmaxee

Make sure no garlic or onion in the baby food. Just protein. Have him get syringes to feed if necessary.

9. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

tiffmaxee likes this.
  10. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Still waiting for lantus to be called into pharmacy. Did some syringe feeding, slushy pate/water concoction.
    She is alert but lethargic. BG just now= 297

11. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Hi Bhooma,
    Thank you for the pancreatitis primer. Was very helpful to read.

Asked the vet via phone and he said he does not believe this to be pancreatitis but couldn't really tell me why.
    Thinks she lapsed into diabetic range again and thus doesn't feel well. Ugh.

12. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Ok. Got Maki to eat two good size pieces of cooked chicken. She is still lethargic, but less hiding than early in the day. Doing shifts overnight to check on her. Last BG before bed just now was 212.