6/24/22 Wally update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ginger Cat, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Ginger Cat

Ginger Cat Well-Known Member

He was admitted to the vet yesterday. He finally did eat last night and this morning. She's feeding him kitten food for the calories. She knows it's not diabetic friendly (she has a diabetic cat herself) but said at this point, getting food/calories into him is more important. He tested at 80 this morning.

I visited him this afternoon and was able to get him to eat a little more food. Added some Forti Flora, nutritional yeast and freeze dried chicken as toppers. I opted to have him stay overnight so they can see if he eats more and I will bring him home tomorrow around noon. My vet and I agreed that he'll be better off with me after that since the office is closed on Sundays and wouldn't have staff in to monitor him throughout the day.

He purred up a storm for me, but is obviously quite a bit out of it because of the pain meds and cerenia. She also put some mirataz in his ear as an appetite stimulant. It was wonderful to see him and I hope he feels better tomorrow.

2. Dds35day

Dds35day Member

Sending prayers,

Ginger Cat likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Ginger Cat likes this.