5/9 Luke +10 93

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kristen ardito, May 9, 2023.

1. Kristen ardito

Kristen ardito Member

Hi... Looking for guidance before tonight's PMPS.

so there's a first time for everything. We are two hours from PMPS and I have to run out for an appointment so thought I'd post now in hopes someone can jump in before I get back: This is the first time Luke's numbers have dropped below 100. He has been so high for weeks so my concern was always high ranges.

Current dose is 1.5 Lantus.

What would the recommendation be if I get to his PMPS and his number is still in the 100s, or 200s? Give 1.5 or does the 93 earn him a reduction?

Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6i1YwaWDO6BjMV84AlH2RnqXg/edit#gid=1637914808

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A small favour to ask, could you change your spreadsheet link so it links to the current page of numbers called mid-April-May 2023. And by the way, it's OK to keep an entire year's worth of data on a tab.

When you are following SLGS, as per your signature, a reduction is earned if they go below 90, which Luke has not done yet. If you are seeing nadirs in the 90-149 range, which you are, you stick with that dose. You might want to get a +11 test, to see if he's still dropping, or heading up to PMPS. And a comment on the Libre, if you do spot a number below 90, I would double check that test with the hand held meter. The Libre often shows lower than numbers really are.

As far as shooting PMPS numbers, I see you've shot full dose with a 179 preshot previously. You should be able to shoot at least that low again tonight, provided you can monitor. He is breaking a bounce, the cycle tonight could be more active. Or not. :cat: With Lantus, when you shoot lower numbers, the cycle is typically a lot flatter, so they don't drop as much as they do from higher numbers.

3. Kristen ardito

Kristen ardito Member

Yes - sounds good. I just removed the first sheet. Reason was, the old vet had him on Vestulin and the sheet was a bit of a mess. I'd rather start from where I took the time to put everything in accurately.

Tested him at +11 and it was 108 with Libre/80 with Freestyle Lite - with the arrow trending down.

I tested him at PMPS and he was 147 Libre - with the arrow sideways. **I did not give dose**

I'm now a half hour after his PMPS. I haven't given him a dose yet. It looks like if I can monitor then I should be good.

I'm going to test again in 10 min and if it hasn't gone down then I will give him his dose.

Wendy&Neko likes this.