5/27 Darcy not a bad day. PMPS 87

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, May 27, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

A temporary dose reduction based on Wendy's recommendation. I think it will work. He stayed mostly blue today except at PMPS (+13 one hour late shot) he was at 87, but he's fine. He's eating better today (surprising after the way he and Minnie pigged out at the Full Moon Pawty last night!) He had two BMs today, so that's really good!

I hope, as we've been sitting here discussing our little outing tomorrow... that he hasn't cooked up something to sabotage our day tomorrow! No talking with Minnie tonight @Liz & Minnie!
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-65-uh-oh-hes-gone-to-55.247853/#post-2795561

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Paws crossed this is a safer dose for a day of fun for your family. How's Darcy feeling today? Good to hear he's eating more on his own.

What was his PMPS? Your notes says +1 was 87, but SS says 87@+13, which implies you shot an hour late?

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Okay... wait... I'm sorry. I meant +13... I mean... I went out to run errands and didn't get home until one hour after his shot time... so the 87 was the reading I got at +13... which was his pre-shot number.

He is feeling a little better, I think. I didn't medicate him much today, but he kept on eating. I'm hoping that this is a good sign (I mean, of better kidney values).

Liz & Minnie and Wendy&Neko like this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. Shot one hour late. Edited comments above.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Darcy is eating for you. I hope he surfs safely tomorrow while you're out.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I hope Mr. Darcy doesn't read your condo and decide to make other plans for you tomorrow. It's a thing.:rolleyes:
    So glad he is eating better and has had two BMs today! Making up for lost time, I guess.:joyful:

Suzanne & Darcy and Liz & Minnie like this.
  7. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Decent numbers today and congrats on dual evacuations! Somebody ate well at the pawty last night. :) and it primed the eating pump! Minnie is keeping her lips sealed about her shenanigans.

8. Liz & Minnie

Shouldn't you be in bed by now? ensconced in the guest room with the permanent guest (Mr Darcy). Hope he gives you a stress-free evening.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. I am in bed. Not asleep yet. No wonder I am always tired.

10. Suzanne & Darcy

I have been staying up reading about drugs... I mean when ACE inhibitors in cats and the good, the bad, and the ugly. Research!

11. Liz & Minnie

put. down. the. phone. :bighug: sleep well.

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes Ma’am!

13. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

How is Darcy today? How was your outing? I don't see a condo or any numbers for today in your ss? Sorry if I missed it and didn't look carefully enough. There are a bazillion condos on the board tonight at least.

14. Suzanne & Darcy

I know! I haven’t posted yet with numbers. He was safe today. Higher than I would like but he was safe. I’ve already increased him back up. He has eaten more today on his own while we were gone. I’m carefully monitoring his weight both before and after sub-q fluids, which he gets twice a day.

Kathy and tiger and Liz & Minnie like this.
  15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne, so happy to hear Darcy’s eating on his own and had 2 eliminations as well. :woot::woot: Just wanted to check in with you two, you probably won’t see this before tomorrow or the next day. Whatever you are doing tomorrow I hope you have the very best time. You need and deserve special days, you’ve had enough trying days with the unknown and known issues with Darcy. It’s stunning how these cute little 4 legged creatures can make our world topsy-turvy :nailbiting: tugging at our emotions, pressing on our worry button :eek:. Dolly sent a message to Darcy over the cat-waves about being compliant with your requests, staying safe and behaving. It’s going to be a stress free adventure, worries left behind. Sending big hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Liz & Minnie

Suzanne, hope all is going well. No post and no s/s update = concerned auntie. Hope this doesn't mean you are swamped with all your other kitty-tending duties on top of Mr Darcy.

ETA - looks like textbook R this evening (at +3 at least). Hang in there!

Last edited: May 29, 2021