4/3 Ravan amps 257 / +3 202 /+6 250/+9.5 446/pm shot 517

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Wonder if he's finally going down? Shot 1+ unit Will check at +3

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Reason for edit: change
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Looking good!

3. JoyBee&Ravan

Thanks Sharon14,

I just hope it goes slow. I'd be real Happy to be in the blues for a while!

Sharon14 likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

@ Sharon14, bg 446 at 6:30pm
    I thought He'd stay in the yellow . Been in the 200's since yesterday evening? Do you think it's from eating small amounts of FFeast all day?

3 more days till it's a week since I increased his dose.

5. Sharon14

Well, he was on his way back up @+6, but that’s a big jump. How often do you feed him? Try not to give much, if any after his nadir. What time are you shooting now?

6. JoyBee&Ravan

Sharon14,
    He wants to eat after every ear poke, about a tbls ,but several times a day.
    He looks thin . Lost at least a pound when he barely ate for a few weeks. I was syringe feeding but not much He'd gag & fight it when I did.

Now that he's eating i want to encourage it so he puts back some weight. ( he also gets 100cc of Ringers at 6pm every day for 10 days) then I'll stop)

I shoot at 9pm He doesn't get food before only after.

I'm thinking I'll stick with the 1+ lantus for 3 more days (1 week)
    Then increase it to 1.25?

Does that sound OK?

7. JoyBee&Ravan

@ Sharon14

Ravan's bg 517 I didn't expect that! Any idea why it's going up so high?

I'm depressed!

Reason for edit: add
  8. Sharon14

Don’t be depressed, he will come back down. Are you sure the AM shot was good? And you only fed the Classic Pate Fancy feasts? My cat will sometimes go high before he comes down to low blues and greens. Maybe Ravan has a similar plan.

9. JoyBee&Ravan

Sharon 14, Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be testing a bit tonight just in case!

Yes, I'm sure the shots are good. I use a bright light & instead of pinching the skin I part his fur & shoot in at an angle. When I tried the pinch way,That's when i did a fur shot! I'll stick with my original way.

I tried giving Ravan some raw chicken .He wouldn't even take a tiny piece. I don't see how i'll ever get him back to Raw?

Do you know anything about that raw meat supplement Fur Life? I think I might order a sample.

Reason for edit: add
  10. Sharon14

No, I’ve never fed raw. Was he eating the chicken when he started feeling bad? If so I wonder if he associates the chicken with his not feeling good. It may just take awhile to forget and start back to eating it. Have you tried other meats?

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I used the FoodFurLife supplement. It's pretty easy to make your own cat food. I mixed it with chicken, buffalo and elk.

If you at all wonder about a fur shot, sniff the shot area. The smell is strong and distinctive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.