4/28 Little Man *update*

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rainbow Conti, Apr 28, 2024.

1. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/3168500/

Hi all took LM and civvie Madison to vet last week for senior health checks.

LM is doing great all numbers are within range. He was a lot smaller in weight than I expected I haven't been weighing him. But dr said he looks healthy and all his numbers are good. So I guess the raw has got him down to a much better weight.

Madison didn't fair as well. Vet said overall for a 17 year old she was looking pretty good. But her numbers did indicate early stages of kidney disease. He recommended k/d. She will only be able to have it when me or dh can be home to make sure she is only one who eats it. But it's best I can do to manage her issues and lm diabetes. We worked too hard to mess that up. He also said to start her on denamarin as her liver enzymes were slightly elevated. Her main two meals and one larger snack we can manage with schedules. It's the one larger snack in middle of day when no one is home...

Anyway we are on the senior train now so my biggest issue is keep them as healthy as possible and as happy and comfortable as possible.

Bella & Puddin and Staci & Ivy like this.
  2. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

Hello Rainbow, I am glad to read you ! Great for Little Man. I hope Madison will do well, I don’t know much about kidney disease in cats. We used to take care of our neighbours’cat when they were away and she was on k/d for a while, then improved and did not need a special diet anymore. She died 2 years ago, she was 23 years old!

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  3. Rainbow Conti

That is encouraging! I don't know a lot about it either. But I'll learn. Thank you so much for checking in. :bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's good to hear Little Man is doing well. I'm sorry about the kidney disease diagnosis for Madison, but at least you caught it early. It can be managed. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  5. Rainbow Conti

Thanks Carla! I agree caught early and easily managed. :bighug::bighug::bighug: