4/28, Falafel - unsuccessful PMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thornmallow__, Apr 28, 2024.

1. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Previous condo: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...9-5-161-pmps-174-2-184-4-153-increase.289340/

AMPS went okay, but PMPS was a disaster. Cat sitter tried 3x to get blood for the BG test and was unsuccessful. I told her to skip the shot and had my brother leave out HC wet for Falafel bc I was scared she went hypo while I was out.

I will see what to do when I get home and whether I’m able to test her. I think I might have to skip the Cerenia/Zeniquin routine bc pilling her is stressful and she’s been through a lot today with the cat sitter :(

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  2. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Omg guys. I came home to a mess. My brother gave the cat sitter the KETONE METER, which requires so much blood. He dug it out from under all of Falafel’s supplies. No wonder Falafel was upset!

He is asleep now which is good because I need to take a moment to calm down. She is sitting next to me breathing and purring. Can’t blame her. I don’t want to immortalize my anger on the internet and say something mean. But I’m crying because I just feel so alone when it comes to taking care of Falafel. One night of no insulin, with her numbers lately, should be okay. Rationally, I know this.

I am skipping the Zeniquin today. I can’t put her through more stress tonight.

Hopefully tomorrow is better :blackeye: I think I will not go out with friends for a while after this.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: We are here for you.

Falafel will be fine.

thornmallow__ and Staci & Ivy like this.
  4. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

5. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

I’m sorry you went through all that last night, Z. Sweet Falafel will be ok. You’re doing such a great job with her. sensing hugs of support. Today will be a better day :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

thornmallow__ likes this.