4/28, Binie, AMPS 428, +3 337, +6 363

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heike & BInie, Apr 28, 2024.

1. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Last Post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-26-binie-amps-242-3-175.289268/#post-3173755

Good morning,

recovery time is not easy. Yesterday Binies bg went up to mostly pink and higher yellow again. I think it is due to the pain from the fresh wound. On friday it seemed she was still on morphine, now she only gets her Onsior. I doubled the dose of the Onsior after I felt she had pain yesterday and talked to the vet. She is really tired and sleeps most of the time. But she is eating well - thank god.

The wound looks good but is massive. It is V-shaped and both arms of the V are at least 4 cm. The cone seems to be also a little stressful for her. I tried to take it off several times and monitor if she licks the wound but she started to lick it immediately so I had to put it back on.

I am not happy with her bg and feel tempted to increase her dose but I think it is wise to wait until 7 days are full and the depot formed again after the furshot on wednesday and the reduced dose on the day of the surgery on thursday. And I also hope it improves when the pain gets less. If there are any other suggestions - I am happy to hear them! :)

I wish everyone a relaxed and safe sunday! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Sending you lots of pawsitive energy and quick healing wishes, (((Heike))). And hugs too. I know how hard you must be working to keep Binie comfortable. Sweet baby.
    I won’t give dosing advice, will leave that for more experienced folks here.
    But you’re doing a wonderful job caring for her and asking all the best questions to provide great care.
    Wishing you continued healing and comfort for Binie and I hope you can get some rest, too
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  3. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you so much for your support Staci! It is quite a job at the moment but somehow I also feel it brings us closer together. Hopefully in a few days it will be easier. Nine more days and the cone is gone and hopefully she is not in pain anymore. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Heike, Breaks my heart that Binie is in pain. I hope each day gets easier, is there anything else the vet can give her for pain?
    I'm glad she's eating well
    How many days does she need to be in the onsior?
    From what I know it should be given for 3 days max
    Sending kisses to Binie and hugs to you :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

5. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thanks for feeling with us Diane! The vet told us on thursday to give the painmeds on 2 to 3 days. Today is the third day and I will call the vet tomorrow how to go on. Today I am not 100 % sure if it is still pain or if she is just super tired from the surgery. She sleeps a lot and is very inactive. If I pet her she is purring which she didn't do yesterday. I think that is good sign. I can't take her temperature but if I touch her nose and ears I think she is not having high temperature. I also don't know to which degree the cone makes her more inactive. I am quite alert and watch her closely but not so worried that I thought I should bring her to an emergency vet. I hope she keeps on getting better and that my vet can help us to understand what is going on. I keep you updated! I hope you and Tyler are doing fine! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I think that's a good sign also :bighug::bighug::cat: