4/27 Tiger Amps

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deb and Tiger, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-26-tiger-amps-381.289294/

Another high day. I’m really wondering what good these reductions do. It seems it just gives him a week of getting used to higher numbers. Really frustrated doing this for 6 months and we haven’t really gotten much lower. Every time we start getting nicer numbers, we get a reduction. Sorry to rant but all this lost sleep and money, and we’re almost where we started. It’s finally getting to me and it’s not helping my baby. I’m having my own health issues which makes it even worse….i guess I just don’t understand, but it seems unless you do TR , you never get anywhere…

I hope everyone is having a better day than us! Sorry for the rant….

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I can understand why you'd be frustrated. :bighug::bighug: I went ages, even under TR, with Neko in high numbers. In her case it was because she needed a high dose. It's so awful feeling you can do anything more to help your baby.

I do have one though for you. I know you've gotten a few tests with the hand held meter vs. the Libre. But I can't remember how the two compared. Can you remind me? I'm just wondering if you could assume that 90 on the Libre is too high to take a reduction and you could lower that number a bit. The reductions are supposed to be under 90 on a hand held meter.

3. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Thanks Wendy, I’ve noted the libre vs handheld (vet)on my ss. When we change out the libre sensor at the vet, we try to compare them when possible. For the most part they are pretty close with the handheld being lower quite a bit. On the ss a few I have noted both readings, some I only have the libre readings before and after the vets readings. See what you think…

4. Wendy&Neko

I only saw one case where Tiger was under 100 and you had tests at the vet. I was specifically looking for side by side tests done at the same time. In that one case, the Libre was quite a bit lower. I wonder if you could lower the reduction theshold to 80 on the Libre. At least as a start. I think you have plenty of data that he's not holding reductions below 90 on the Libre.

5. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Which date did you see the 100? I can’t find it….On 4/23 +3 you can see a side by side. On 4/2 you can see where the vet reading is between 2 libre readings.

6. Wendy&Neko

I was looking at Jan 30th AM.

7. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Ok I see it. That one was a faulty libre , in notes the libre was changed at +4 and changed again at 6.5 . So really can’t count that one..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  8. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

HEllo Deb. It is frustrating. I hope he will start reacting to his dose soon. Did you try stopping the dry food again? Is he still not eating well?

9. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Thx Cecile. Trouble is he reacts too well to a dose and goes under 90 and gets a reduction. Then we go back to high numbers again for a week. By then his body is used to higher numbers all over again. He’s eating less dry food but not completely off it. Eating well is on again off again.

10. Wendy&Neko

So you have no data comparing hand held meters to Libre when Libre is under 100?

Deb and Tiger likes this.
  11. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

No…