4/24 Shooter AMPS 188, +8 47

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heather82372, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Heather82372

Heather82372 Well-Known Member

Good morning!
    Something I've never asked or have seen talked about (although I'm sure it has been), what is the goal for a vacation dose? I know it's not to have them in the dark greens. Is it to have them in blues? or just to keep them higher than limes but under pinks? Thankfully I'll only be gone for 5 cycles this time.

4/23 Shooter AMPS 116 | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB

Mikanmama and Staci & Ivy like this.
  2. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Good morning Heather,
    Great question!
    I don't know the answer to it, but I have a feeling that it may depend on how the kitty is doing.
    For someone like Mikan whose BGs are ups and downs all the time, playing safe and keeping her above the safe thresholds should be the priority. For someone whose numbers are consistently greens, keeping the kitty in the good zone without having much setback? I would be curious to see what experienced people would say! ;)
    @Wendy&Neko @Angela & Cleo Please?

Heather82372 likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Blues are fine nadirs for a vacation dose. If you know that's what the dose does.

4. Heather82372

So now I'm wondering if I misunderstood you last night. I shot the 2.25 and he climbed a little a amps then I shot a decreased dose (4.25u) thinking that's what I was supposed to do until my friend starts the 4u tomorrow morning. Now seeing his +6 - +? I'm wondering if you meant I should keep giving the 2.25 until she starts the 4u tomorrow. Ugh! This is all so confusing! lol

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I just read what Wendy wrote. She said to shoot a half dose last night and the 4.0 both shots today.

Heather82372 likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Ugh, Shooter, why do you have to be so difficult? :eek: I'm not sure shooting 4.0 units instead of 4.25 would have made a huge difference today.

The larger depot is still going to influence tomorrow. How would you feel about 3.5 units as the vacation dose, starting tonight?

7. Heather82372

Unfortunately, I am having a terrible time with the website today! It keeps giving me internal server error messages. I am just now seeing these messages and already gave him 4 units. However, I just checked him and he’s now at 233.

8. Wendy&Neko

Webmaster knows about the issues. You can reduce tomorrow. Have a good trip.

Heather82372 likes this.