4/20 Victor AMPS 16.8/302 +3 12.9/232 +6 8.9/160 PMPS 6.0/108

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by H Allen, Apr 20, 2022.

1. H Allen

H Allen Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  2. H Allen

H Allen Member

+3 12.9/232

3. H Allen

H Allen Member

+6 8.9/160 - today is a good day! Last night I noticed Victor had some bad anal smells- I'd been paying attention to him peeing but not pooping- anyway through the night he had a poop and the smell has subsided- any thoughts that maybe he was constipated and yesterdays numbers could be related to that? Any recommendations on avoiding this?

4. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

are you familiar with cat/dog anal glands? That is what it sounds like to me, the glands get naturally expressed (hopefully, anyway) during bowel movements.

5. H Allen

H Allen Member

I've NEVER had this type of issue before with any of my cats- but yes this is what I suspected as well as it was a musky/skunky smell? Any recommendations on keeping him regular? Or maybe just the food change did this?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Is VIctor still getting the same amount of liquids in? It's a key to helping things pass through. Also, a little light reading for you: https://felineconstipation.org/
    Yes, there's a site on just this one topic! If you ever see him scooting on his behind, that's a clear signal the anal glands are impacted, which means a quick vet visit. I've had two cats who had this condition but only the second one ever scooted. The first I could see swelling.

7. H Allen

H Allen Member

Thanks! I'll check it out!
    Yes yesterday when he was 'bouncing' I guess we call ithe was literally drinking and within 10 minutes urinating and when he came to bed last night he was stinky in the hind end- I thought maybe he had old pee dried on him, anyway through the night he had a poop and the smell has dissapated. Today he's eating, drinking and haven't seen him urinate since early AM so I think today is a good day?

8. H Allen

H Allen Member

so....PMPS was 6.0/108 and I shot....I followed the anything over 90 in the SLGS protocol- now I'm a sweaty nervous mess eeks!

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you got a +2 test. I was going to suggest an early PM test. Looks like another bounce. :rolleyes: The good news is that the 2.0 units dose is taking him down into nice numbers.

10. H Allen

H Allen Member

I was a mess I woke up and put my hand on him so many times last night to make sure he was alright- I did get a +8 test around 230 am and it was stable.....see what today brings!