4/14 Darcy PMPS 287 Uh oh!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Back in the blues this morning with a blue pre-shot :) Not much else to report except he's acting like he has little interest in food today. I hope it's just that he's getting picky because I'm always feeding him. I just offered him food 15 minutes ago and he hasn't touched it. He ate a small amount of Tiki Cat After Dark with Quail Egg this morning, but that was four hours ago and you'd think he would be able to eat more by now. So far, his weight is stable (I weighed him yesterday.)

Yesterday's adventures in balancing L and R: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...ow-tonight-working-on-bringing-him-up.246114/

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction and great job keeping Mr. Darcy safe last night. Nice to see him stay in the blues:cool:.
    I hope he is just being picky today. Maybe full from all of the gravy from last night? :cat:I'm sure you know all of the tips to try and get him to eat if needed. If butters is being picky, I will add a little sardine to anything and she will eat it.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction nice blues. Have a great day Suzanne :)

4. Suzanne & Darcy

The oil from the sardines or a sardine itself? I think the sardines in my cupboard are packed in olive oil?

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice Darcy. Could be just an off day. All my cats have them. The next day its back to be so so so picky.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Susanne, good luck with the reduction, Nice to see the green today, I hope Darcy
    starts to eat , maybe it's just an off day like Tyler just had. Give him kisses for me ♥:bighug::bighug:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Darcy is looking good. I hope he keeps eating for you.

8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

9. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: with :cat: and only a teeny bit of :banghead:

10. Suzanne & Darcy

There you are! Post about Minnie. Stop worrying me!

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How does it feel with one less syringe this morning? :cool:

I hope Darcy's appetite gets back to normal. Being in good numbers will also reduce his appetite, though it never made Neko hesitate about food!

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes! One syringe was awesome!

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Sad to see that PMPS of 287. I gave 2 U R instead of the 1 U R that I gave this morning when he was much lower. He's drinking tons of water. Of course, he had already been drinking a lot of water even with the lower numbers, but I think it's even more now. Sometimes I have to take the water away for short periods of time or he will make himself vomit (and he just at some food with his PM shot.)

14. Wendy&Neko

I suspect the R can go a little higher now.

Interesting to hear he is drinking in spite of the decent (to now) numbers.

15. Suzanne & Darcy

I hope his kidneys are okay. Last check they were (not that long ago). I did give 2 R tonight (trying to go up gradually from the 1 U he got this morning). Thanks for all you do, Wendy. You help so many of us here and have a life of your own!

16. Wendy&Neko

I won’t be around much tomorrow (parental stuff) so just touching base today.

17. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Oh geez such a nice cycle today and now he pulls this!

Also, I can never let Mr Kitty read this forum...your cats get much fancier food than he does :joyful:

18. Suzanne & Darcy

He used to eat Dave’s Naturally Healthy Grain Free Turkey and Giblets for years. It only recently that I have been experimenting with other foods. And now he’s getting picky. I think he’s spoiled. I’ve created a monster!

19. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I mash up a little bit of sardine in some water to make it kinda liquidy and then I sprinkle that on her food.
    I have a couple of tins of Wild Planet salt-free sardines in water that I use for her. Olive oil ones would be fine. I would just mash the sardine up in some water.
    If I have to open a tin, I'll freeze the leftovers into tiny ice cubes and just pull one out of the freezer when needed.

20. Suzanne & Darcy

What a great idea, Lyla. Thank you!

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  21. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne, I didn't see a condo started for today but I wanted to wish you and Darcy congratulations on the reduction. It seems like a lot of units (the reduction) but I am just learning about acromegaly, it looks like a balancing act of insulins and so admire your love and dedication. Have a good day you two, surf safely Darcy. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: