4/13 Darcy dropping too low tonight :-( Working on bringing him up.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yay for staying under renal threshold and sparing Darcy’s kidneys! Hope you can keep him steady, Suzanne. He’s looking great!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blues :cool: have a great day Suzanne :)

4. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice balance of L and R. :cool::D

6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Darcy is doing SO well Suzanne. I just read about Pamela and Amethyst and my heart is breaking for them. When I think things aren't going right for me I look at poor Pamela's situation and I just want to cry.

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

So great seeing Mr. Darcy back in blues and greens. Surf safely, Mr. Darcy:cat:

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Me too. I wish I could help them.

10. Suzanne & Darcy

So, I cut the R down this evening by one unit... obviously not enough. He hit 69 (which has always been my take action number). I've been giving him FF Gravy Lovers and so far he hasn't come up. It may take a while longer. At least he hasn't yet gone down below 69.

I think I'm going to do a reset on his R and start with one unit? Everything about Darcy seems to be changing now and I'm having a hard time keeping up.

11. Suzanne & Darcy

He was at 69, 2 tsp. FF Gravy Lovers... still at 71 twenty minutes later, then at 69 when I re-tested ten minutes after that. Gave more Gravy Lovers (I noticed his appetite was good for that food) and twenty minutes after the second Gravy Lovers he's at 87... I feel okay now but won't go to bed until I get another rising number.

12. Wendy&Neko

Have you ever tried karo/honey with Darcy? He's in safe numbers, but it is night time. :rolleyes: Would be good to see if he is coming up on his own without carbs though.

I think I'd be inclined to go for a Levemir reduction, make up the difference with R. That way you don't have as large a depot hanging around.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

I always thought I should save the Karo for if he doesn't come up with food. I have a feeling that he can hold his own with these lower numbers... stay flat for a while then come up... but I'm too scared to do it.

And yes, a Lev Reduction would be fabulous, reduce by 10% tomorrow? Then how much R?

14. Wendy&Neko

One night Neko did 53's, for three hours in a row.:rolleyes: I wondered if the meter was broken.

Sure, try the 10% Levemir reduction. This is a bit of an experiment as you haven't done reductions before and need to find out what works for Darcy. :) There will still be the 33 unit depot tomorrow, so I'd go lower with the R at first. Unless he's bouncing by AMPS. Then as the depot diminishes you could find you can go back up in R. If Darcy had gone below 50, I would have suggested a depot draining Lev dose in the morning - which is usually something like 1/2 to 2/3 of the dose.

15. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Wow, Darcy is doing great! Congratulations Suzanne :) too bad they always pull these stunts in the night :rolleyes: good luck with the reduction tomorrow :bighug:

16. Suzanne & Darcy

Neko was full of surprises it sounds like! I think I'd have been pricking my finger to check the meter at that point! :)
    Thank you for all your help!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  17. Suzanne & Darcy

Thanks, Marina!

18. Suzanne & Darcy

He's up to 134 so I can go to bed... just a little after midnight... not too bad. I'll probably set an alarm to test him in an hour or two though... to see where he goes!

19. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I didn't see your scary night last night until this morning. You did a great job getting him back up. I hate it when kitties go low at night and folks want to sleep. Once again, your doing a terrific job, Suzanne.