4/10 Luci AMPS 249

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Good Morning everyone and Happy Caturday!

I must say it was a fun day yesterday - being off work and being off-duty! I told DH at lunch that I was having a great day - being OFF and out and about! He's retired, so it's just another day to him - and he wanted to go home for his afternoon nap - I told him I was in no rush to get home! LOL! Back to my duties and responsibilities - and when you work from home - well, it's just right there waiting for me - not like someone else is going to fill in while I'm out for the day!

It was a beautiful sunny day and we saw about a zillion orange groves - the trees are loaded with fruit and their harvesting them into huge box containers that sit along side the road and wait for semi-tractors to come and pick up the load. I suspect those are juice oranges - but there sure are a lot of them! So next time you have a 'freshly squeezed' orange juice from a bottle in your grocery store - that's probably where some of them at least came from!

We also saw the largest solar farm I've ever seen - it went on for acres and acres and acres! There's also lots of traffic still out and about in Florida - I'm surprised but it does appear with the amount of traffic and car haulers headed north that the snowbirds are still peeling away...a large number of them left on March 31 - as evidenced by the traffic jams going north - and each day there appear to be more people loading up and heading north...one day soon that'll be us...

Luci enjoyed her day off too...she had the run of the place - most likely laying on the counters and snoozing on the lanai as it suited her...she moves from the sunny areas to the cool shaded areas and appeared to be well stuffed by the time we came home.

So it was a fun day for all - and now I'm off to do my Saturday errands, shopping, gasoline, etc...the usual.

Have a great Saturday everyone and I hope your kitties surf safely! Prayers to @Our Dolly Girl's mama Adrienne as she continues to heal from her fall and subsequent surgery!

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had an amazing day Sue and it is definitely well earned!! Hope you can do that more often, tell DH he has his whole life to sleep, you want out of that house!!! I love days with no responsibilities
    Have a great day

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday, Sue. Florida is a great place to be in the spring. Lots of sun and not too hot - yet. Sounds like you were on a road trip! What fun. Are you here for 1/2 the year and then head back up north?

Glad your Luci had a nice day too. Enjoy your Saturday - another day on the road for errands.

4. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

I like your life, Sue! And envy Luci's, of course. Hope you've had a great start to your day! :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. I hope Luci slides down and surfs today.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sue, so happy you had great day yesterday, well deserved great day!! :joyful: Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Sweet Luci Surf Safely. Hugs to all :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

We stay from Nov. 1 until mid-late May - depending on the weather in Michigan. Last year we stayed in Florida until June 22 - due to the COVID lock downs in Michigan. We were fortunate that we left Michigan this November just before they locked the place down again - all of my friends that I left behind were depressed and couldn't go out to eat for such a long time there.

Florida is a great state! Adults here get to make their own decisions about staying home or not. Many choose to stay home or eat outdoors only - at least here folks can make their own decisions on most things...I prefer this to Michigan. I'm already a Florida resident and soon will call Florida home 100% of the time :)

8. Sue and Luci

I love it too! It's the best of all worlds now :) I figure I paid my dues - I was in Michigan for 50 years and had to commute to work in ice, snow, sleet, sub-zero temperatures on crowded roads more times than I care to remember - getting this close to retirement appears that this is the way to go - work remotely - no commuting at all...thankful for everything :)

9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Yes, I keep reading that Michigan is getting worse and worse with COVID outbreaks. You are fortunate to be here but I would not become complacent. Hopefully, you have had your two (or one) required vaccines. We are not done with this pandemic - yet. Good to hear you will become a permanent resident. You and your family (and Luci) enjoy the lovely weather we are having. We certainly could use some rain and I'm hoping tomorrow is the day!

Sue and Luci and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  10. Summer and Susie (GA)

So happy you are happy here, too. I can hear it in your words. I was born and raised in this county (Brevard County) and I long to live in the mountains of western North Carolina but I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. You will soon enjoy your "other side" for good.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Sue and Luci

Yes, we've had both our vaccines - I had quite the response, DH not so much...but yes, we do practice social distancing and mask wearing when appropriate - we don't have a lot of 'social situations' here - mostly outdoor activities, biking, walking, sometimes the pool. DH is having issues with his hip, so we can't go dancing (joking there!)...and we don't go to the bars... LOL!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  12. Summer and Susie (GA)

I can tell you are a happy person. I cannot imagine living in a place like Michigan. I mean, I'll bet it is beautiful up there in the spring, summer and fall but the winters are brutal. Take care, Sue, and it is nice to get to know you a little better.

Sue and Luci and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  13. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

My dream is to live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, too! Or in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia (my self-declared home.) I consider myself really to be from Virginia, but honestly, Virginia is not what it used to be and I'm not sure I'd want to live there anymore. And, of course, I also miss our home on the Chesapeake Bay in southern Maryland (where we came from before we moved down here).

14. Summer and Susie (GA)

Great minds, or similar minds, think the same, Susanne. You are in Georgia so not as far away as I am. You can get to the beautiful Western North Carolina mountains or your Virginia. Southern Maryland also sounds beautiful but not in the winter. May I ask you where in Georgia you are?

15. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hi Summer. I forgot to reply to this, I think. We live in the middle of Georgia. South of Macon. Peach County :)