3/30 Pearl PMPS 96, +2.75 90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Mar 30, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I am confused - still not sure whether an acute Pancreatitis is happening, but am doing supportive care as if so. I WAS planning on taking her to the vet today for bloodwork, but am so hesitant. Even if we do a Spec fpl, those results can stay elevated once you are dealing with a chronic issue and may not be reflective of the current situation. I am trying to ask myself what will we gain by going (except a $400 bill)? I know to do supportive care and what that entails for a great variety of illnesses, and we are so doing at home. She isn't sick needing a hospital - perky, wanting to eat, too clingy, pooping and peeing appropriately, no fever, a little crabby.

So...that brings me to thinking maybe I need to chase her rising BG numbers with a dose increase? The rise in her BG is so unlike Pearl in every way (which is what causes me to worry mostly about the Pancreatitis). I saw a NADIR in the 50s 6 cycles ago, but nothing even close since.

Thoughts?

Yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-29-pearl-pmps-86-2-5-92.245411/#post-2769267

thebigfuzz likes this.
  2. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

I think it’s too soon to tell if an increase is warranted. I would see what happens this cycle and go from there. If you continue to see rising blues, you may have a case :bighug: Despite this morning being a little higher than normal, you have been seeing blues and greens fairly regularly. I am hoping that Pearl may head down to the lagoon later today :D

On an aside, some kitties will do a high before a low from time to time, which can cause some confusion for the caregiver when they see higher numbers that seem out of place. Again, this cycle could tell you more, if that is the case. Even Butters, the queen of the lagoon has done this a few times :D

Glad to hear that other clinical signs are ok and that you are doing/ready to do some supportive care if it may be a pancreatitis flare. Good to be on top of things.

I hope the day goes well! :bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Margaret (and Pearl)

Good morning Tanya and thanks for your message! I am so used now to Pearl being all green that these blues are really throwing me for a loop! Last time this happened it was a Pancreatitis attack, but the blues were a bit higher then (mid-100s).

I was actually thinking in the back of my mind - high before the low - so we will see! Lately I have been quite confused by her green AM cycles and blue PM cycles. So odd.

Have a great day and thank you again!

thebigfuzz likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think with the 69 today you don't have a lot of room to increase. I hope Pearl keeps surfing safely. I hope she is feeling better today. Sending prayers.

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  5. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Surf safely Pearl and I hope she is feeling better! Take care Margaret :bighug:

6. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks Adrienne I Hope you and Molly have had a good day!!

7. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks Carla!! I hope you and Furball have had a good day!!

8. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I hope Pearl is feeling better. Good luck on whatever you decide to do with her dose:).

9. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

I hope Pearl is better soon and you can have some relief :)