3/28 Marley|pmps 48|+.75 62|

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MarleyMoo, Mar 28, 2021.

1. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-457-2-337-4-216-6-5-107.244880/#post-2762806

I've been MIA. It's been rough on my mental health the last couple weeks and my grandpa was taken off life support. Still doing my best, but treading water. Please help me out tonight.

He dipped low to 51 today so I gave him some MC (14%) which brought him up, but now he's taking a huge dive. I know no insulin tonight, but idk what to do about dose, now. His last 2.25-2 was a failure, but him almost below 50 at +6 and now below 50 at +12, I'm concerned about continuing this dose. I can TRY to do like, 2.1, but it's pretty difficult on U100 needles compared to U40.

Please help. Need suggestions.
    @Bandit's Mom ?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m sorry about your grandma :bighug:

Did you retest that 48? If not do so now. Just because the reduction didn’t work before doesn’t mean it won’t now bThe new dose will be 2.0 but you’re that that you can’t shoot a 48.

3. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

Yes, my retests are in the title, I just haven't put it into the spreadsheet yet. His retest was 44, so I fed his LC which didn't bring him up quickly like it normally does, so I've added a little 14% gravy.

4. tiffmaxee

Sounds good since you won’t be shooting. She should come up soon. So 2.0 in the morning. Maybe she will like it better this time.

Add to the title PMBG 48. It looks like 441 and 481.

5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Elise, with DKA in the picture, should she skip? Can she wait for the numbers to rise and then shoot a token dose? Provided her schedule allows for the delay?

6. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

He's at 62. He's also being spicy and trying to play. He's decided he's the king of the castle and is at the top of the cat tree. Refuses to come down

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You are now an hour later that your usual shot time? And this is half an hour after that MC? What has he eaten and when? Can your schedule accommodate a delay in shooting?

I'm sorry about your grandpa and that you've had a rough couple of weeks :bighug:

8. tiffmaxee

If you can be off schedule you could shoot. I missed the DKA and saw that she had fed mc. Can you monitor?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

This is am hour after Mc and 1.75 after shot time. I'm about to test again now

10. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

+1.75 230

11. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

I will be around tomorrow, but I have to go to bed now. I have work in the am.

12. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

Should I give a 1U token just to give him something and not be worried about monitoring tonight

13. tiffmaxee

The bounce has started. Since you are going to bed give 1,0.

Bandit's Mom and MarleyMoo like this.
  14. tiffmaxee

Looks like your ss never got updated. I hope today is going well.

MarleyMoo likes this.
  15. MarleyMoo

MarleyMoo Member

Long work day and I've had a killer headache, but he's good. Havnt had a chance to sit at the spreadsheet.

tiffmaxee likes this.