3/28 Darcy AMPS 447, +3 315, +4.5 244, +5.25 260, +8.25 305, PMPS 285, +3.5 392

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

We started out the first morning on Levemir pretty high. I gave him R to bring him down. He's come down pretty well but has gone up some because he helped himself to some cat food about half an hour before his +8.25. I left food out for him because my husband was "in charge" of watching him and I had my doubts about that. Not much else to report. We'll see what he does tonight without R on just the Levemir alone.

Yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...ght-pmps-287-2-323-4-424.245330/#post-2768422

2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You might have to rejig your R scale with Levemir. Looks like the R dose was too much this morning, remember that you want to drop no more than 100 points by around +4. Too much of a drop can cause a bounce and higher numbers, more R, etc. leading to a vicious cycle.

Your other option for tonight is maybe a half R dose if he's over 350 at PMPS time.

It's tricky at the beginning, you've still got some action from the Lantus depot as the Levemir one is building. So hard to predict.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Thank you. I wasn't home this evening. Shot him at 5 p.m. left the house and didn't get back until 8:30 p.m. I've added the numbers to the spreadsheet. Yes, it really drove him down this morning, which I was not unhappy to see, but there is the bounce problem. Clearly he's not getting enough lev.... well , I guess I'll have to wait 72 hours to see what's really going on? Do you think the depot will have drained off by then? And the Lev depot built up by then. I'm going to want to get him into lower numbers as soon as I can safely do so.

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh, and I'll probably half the R dose for tomorrow morning (assuming I do R) and see what happens with that.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think you can increase the Lev tomorrow. In the range of 10-15% of the total dose. You are past the "some cat react strongly to the switch at the beginning" phase. Or you can wait to increase tomorrow night if you'd prefer to do R tomorrow morning instead of night.

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Thanks so much, Wendy! I’ll decide in the morning based on his AMPS.