3/22, Susie, 227 AMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Mar 22, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-21-susie-255-amps.244999/

Interesting that Susie did not seem to suffer any ill effects after her missed shot at PMPS on 3/20. Her AMPS were pretty low (for her) this morning so might see a blue. Unfortunately, I have to leave the house around 11:15 to get my first COVID shot and might miss the +6 test. I'll have to fed her before I go and test her when I return. Last day at 1.5 units. Will bump it up to 1.75 tomorrow morning.

The 248 I saw this morning at +3 - is this an example of a "bounce"? She was at 227 AMPS. Would I see something like this as a result of her missed shot two days ago or maybe she went lower last night than normal?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Marina & Chico likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Susie slides down and surfs safely while you're out.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Carla. I won't be gone long this morning. Wednesday morning I am going out for a dental checkup/work and might be gone a lot longer (3 hours?). Hope she will be okay.

It is nice to see someone else following the Lantus SLGS protocol. It helps me to understand better how it works.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I just wanted to point out I don't take reductions unless she is 60 or below. Normal SLGS is reductions below 90. I found she didn't hold reductions well and modified it. I have plenty of tests to know what she does and can usually see patterns.

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Bounces are usually much higher numbers. The 248 could just be meter variance, or a food bump. Good luck with the shot!

6. Summer and Susie (GA)

I understand, Carla. You have been doing this a long time and know what your kitty is going to do. I will follow SLRS protocol.

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Melissa. At this point I think I had one more blue number when I was at 1.25 units than I have been at 1.5. Hope 1.75 will bring some improvement.

8. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Hi Summer! Susie is looking pretty steady - lemon tree, but consistent. Consistent is good! She will get there!