3/10 Pearl PMPS 101, +1.5 148

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Mar 10, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Pearl keeps surfing safely. Glad she came back up. Great news on Chessie. I hope she heals quickly. Sending prayers.

3. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks Carla! Yeah, I think because Pearl wasn't down for long, looks like it may be easy to get her back up a little.

Chessie has a clear plastic cone they want her to wear. She hasn't gotten the hang of it, careening around the house at FULL speed this morning (definitely different from sitting in a lump not moving). So I will switch to this cute sunflower fabric cone I purchased. Maybe having the limited vision on the sides will slow her down! Thanks for the good wishes!

4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I am so glad to see things improving with Chessie - so nice to read:bighug:
    I hope the softer collar slows her down! Don't know if a donut collar would work in protecting her mouth, but they have worked well for us in most cases, and they can serve as a built in pillow:cat:
    Hopefully you won't need a collar for long, though, and yours sounds cute!

You go Pearl!!

5. Margaret (and Pearl)

Go, Pearl! I am so happy she has seemed to earn her reduction in a non-dramatic way this time :)

I think the donut leaves her face too exposed, but I have one if needed to try! Love the idea of the built-in pillow. I will get a pic with the sunflower cone and post it :)

6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Looks like Pearl earned a reduction today. Congrats!! Surf safely, Pearl.
    I'm so glad Chessie is improving! Wonderful news.

7. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Pearl is doing great, beautiful progress :):)

today must have been a bit of rollercoaster but you managed it very well :bighug::bighug:

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Awesome on both of the above!!

Also very glad the reduction was earned so smoothly :)

Marina & Chico likes this.
  9. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yay! Early nadirs are the best because that means you got it over with and can proceed with your day without worry <anti-jinx>! Glad Chessie is recovering well, hope the fabric cone will be less awkward for the poor girl. Have a wonderful day!:bighug:

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Lovely numbers for Pearl today!

Have a wonderful day!

11. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Surf Safely Pearl! Have a lovely day Margaret!

12. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Nice work, Pearl! Way to wait for your reduction until Chessie was feeling a bit better!

So glad Chessie's on the move - does she have a cone so she won't paw at her mouth? Jax didn't get one (nor was his dental as extensive) so I'm just curious :)

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  13. Margaret (and Pearl)

She does have a cone, but it’s clear and she is really acting high. She will go from lethargic to erratically racing around the house and does not know how to handle the cone and is ramming into things full speed. So I’m worried she will ram her mouth somewhere. So I think I’m going to use a sunflower fabric cone for now on hopes that the blind spots will slow her down. But oh yes, a cone for 2 weeks. Mostly for the canine that was removed.
    Yay for Pearl!

JaxBenji likes this.
  14. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

oh gosh, Jax was high as a kite when he came home. Eyes as big as saucers. Moving his head to every sound. I swear he would notice if a leaf fell. It was wild and scary. I did not like it. I may ask for non-injectable pain meds when/if he needs to have dental again. I'm sure you know but every day was an improvement for him. One week was a good milestone. Two weeks even better. Tomorrow is 3 weeks for us and I'd say he's back to his old self.

nice PMPS for Pearl with reduction earned this AM :bighug:

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  15. Margaret (and Pearl)

My previous kitty Cricket didn't have any reactions to the drugs, so this is new for me. Chessie vacillates between lethargic and high. Every now and then she pants a little through her mouth (though she now has a normal respiratory rate, thank goodness). She jumps at every sound, and just stares at me. She FLEW down the stairs this morning like she was on fire, not knowing how to work with the cone on (still) and must have fallen down the last several steps. It is so scary! Last night she flew down the stairs and then up - and she rammed her cone into the steps on every single one when she was scampering to get up the stairs as if she was on fire. So I have to try without the cone, this is just not safe!!

JaxBenji likes this.
  16. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Wow. I hope Chessie will be able to clear the drugs out of her system soon.

Pearl is amazing!