3/1 Minnie PMPS 510, +9.5 88 - Question on next steps

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Liz & Minnie, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Yesterday Sunday funday

Numbers picked up nicely after the +9.5 snack, was a bit concerned she hadn't eaten enough. Seemed off her food so gave Ondansetron in a pill pocket. Would have been nice to have a +11 for the data but she's getting a bit wary of me after all the poking. AMPS was still a bit iffy with the food until I walked far away. Definitely not ravenous...but that's a good thing now, right?

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Liz! Minnie's appetite will diminish a bit when she starts spending more time in blues and greens, and then she might get ravenous when she's really low in the same way we need a bit of candy whenever our BG goes low. Hope the Ondansetron helps. :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy and Liz & Minnie like this.
  3. Liz & Minnie

Thank you! I'm so paranoid (or she has me so well trained) that I assume she's nauseous when maybe she just likes making me open 4 different cans until I give her the right one.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Liz & Minnie

Call me mellow yellow...

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Liz & Minnie

She didn't get the memo. Back to black for PMPS though I did manage to get a decent amount of blood on poke #3, Novamax had BG 344 and very first blood ketone 0.3. Now just to find out what is the acceptable range...

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

7. Liz & Minnie

You've all convinced me, honest! :woot:

I only ordered the Novamax strips yesterday which don't come til later this week. There were 10 in the starter kit so I'm getting an extra reading if I get a dodgy AT number or if there's extra blood so I can get familiar with those numbers and to practice with the different type of strip. It's still not as easy as the AT strip design, but I also have a Freestyle Lite on the way which has the same strip design as AT. I'll figure out which of those works better for me (I mean Minnie) - hopefully the Novamax, strips are super cheap but I can have the other as backup. :joyful:

If I switch to the human meter does that mean Minnie will give me blues and greens too??!! ;) I'm definitely in!! :D

Gill & George likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

Don't toggle between human meters either. Pick one you like and stick to it.
    Minnie's SS will definitely look better with a human meter! :cool:

Gill & George likes this.
  9. Liz & Minnie

That's teach me to give Mirataz late afternoon, she woke me at 5 wanting food. +9.5 reading was 88 on AT with AT strip (identical to yesterday) but I squeezed out enough blood to retest with Petsure strip which read 166. Close enough for now. Fed her and now we wait til PMPS, not doing a good job at pulling those times earlier even by 15min a cycle!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Liz & Minnie

I'm guessing we'll be increasing the dose in the next few days and wanted to double check if it's likely to be another 0.25u or smaller amounts?

I'm hoping for the 0.25 but otherwise I'll need to get my credit card out again to buy callipers and stronger prescription reading glasses.

Thank you!

11. Bandit's Mom

Increases and decreases are usually in 0.25U increments. With those green nadirs yesterday and today, I would day hold this dose a little longer.

Hopefully switch to the human meter and then take a call? Unless that's too far away!
    (Note how I bring the human meter into every thing! :p)

12. Liz & Minnie

I had to wait to stop laughing before I could type a reply! Thanks once again, that all sounds good and makes complete sense to me. I just wanted to make sure that I was going to order things in time since deliveries are taking longer than I'd like (like....the deliveries of my human meter equipment! At the moment it's neck and neck between Freestyle Lite and Novamax strips).

I'm relieved it will be another 0.25u, I'm not sure I could cope with the 0.1u measurements. Even 4.25u is a struggle, I'll be so pleased to go to 4.5 and hope we can stop there and don't need to go to 4.75!

Think you'll likely be signing off soon, so have a good night and talk later!

Bandit's Mom likes this.