13/04 *Gremlin* AMPS 182, PMPS 252

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Apr 12, 2021.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo
    Gave Grem a skinny shot this morning, just to be extra safe if he gets no food until I'm home tonight. I will feed him before I leave as well.

We had cuddles in bed this morning. He was under the blankets and laying partially up on my pillow beside me. Adorable!

The one night in ten that I really needed to sleep well and Grem is up howling half the night! Safe to say I feel pretty bleh this morning. My son will be driving most of the way but he's still relatively inexperienced so I can't fully relax or nap. I missed Grem's Denosyl night before last and it seems to have lasting effects... I won't miss another one!!!!

Vines and prayers to all that need them.

2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Aww! Morning cuddles in bed are the best. I enjoy those the best!

Glad you can shift the feeder to another cat so the purchase did not go to waste. I do wish that these feeders were elevated and tilted as well for senior kitties who have disabilities or suffer from nausea. I also wish they had timers. I guess I'll have to invent it myself! :p

Have a great day, Laura and good luck with the drive! :bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry you didn't get much sleep. I hope you have a safe trip and Grem surfs safely. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I hope you have a wonderful visit and that the whole thing (riding with your son both ways) is not too tiring. When you get home, I hope Grem will cooperate with letting you rest.

6. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

@PerfumedCatMom I wish those feeders were the same as what you described! And when the time comes that they can eat, it doesn't open but let's them know somehow that they can now.

Thank you Carla! @carfurby We are he safe now.

Thanks @Suzanne & Darcy! I ended up having to do most of the driving unfortunately. My boy got too tired on the way there (and ended up napping I the car) and by the time we left and got out of the city it was too dark for him to drive. We'll go another day though. Aside from that, it was a great day! I loved seeing my friend again after so long and meeting her baby and partner. And my boy and I had a wonderful time together in Melbourne City for an hour or so doing some shopping. He doesn't spend much time with me anymore so it was really nice!

Now that Grem has given me that horrible PM number, I need to have some dinner and rest. I'm exhausted! Either Grem is bouncing or he got none of the food I left. :( Greedy guts (Buster) is currently cleaning everyone's dinner bowls like he's never been fed before!

I hope everyone else is having a fantastic day/evening/night!!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good trip. I hope Grem comes back down soon.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Didn't you buy one of those microchip feeders? I guess you haven't gotten it up and running yet. That sounds like a nice mother and son outing, even though you ended up driving! Maybe Grem didn't like that skinny shot you gave him... but at least he was safe!

9. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Yes, I have got one but Grem can't eat out of the bowls so it's useless, and I wish it had extra functions like what Katherine and I were discussing. Half auto feeder, half microchip feeder and with a raised/tilted bowl. The super feeder!

Yes, it was a lovely day spend with my boy! It's been a while so very special for me.

I'm hoping it was the skinny shot he didn't like as I'd prefer that high number than risk him dropping low. Also, if he didn't get any food all day, that wouldn't have helped! His BGL came back down very quickly so all is well! :joyful:

10. Suzanne & Darcy

Why can't Gremlin use the feeder? Is it just because he needs a raised bowl? Because of his leg? Or arthritis?

11. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

All of the above. AND the bowls are too big and flat. He would eat a tiny bit after pushing it around the bowl a bit and then walk away as it was too hard. And that was with the bowl not even IN the feeder where he'd have to get on the platform with his head under the archway. He preferred to just not eat.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  12. Suzanne & Darcy

That's good to know because I don't think I will buy one now. Definitely room for improvement there. Cats don't like pushing their food around.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Hope you're still enjoying your time off!