12/27 Zorro! AMPS 328, +2 217, +4 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Xara Kakarantza, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Congrats on the first green! :)
    HC is only for numbers below 50 or for very steep drops at the beginning of the cycle. Feed normal LC and test in an hour.

Xara Kakarantza likes this.
  3. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Thanks a lot!!!!:kiss:
    We are very happy!!:):)
    ok count in an hour ...

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Yes, see you in an hour! :)
    Btw, is his name spelt Zoro or Zorro?

5. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

+5 81
    His name is Zorro but I call him "Μy child" and he listens to that!!:D

6. Bandit's Mom

Nice surfing in the green! A check in another hour? lt will tell you if +5 is his nadir or later.

I have so many names for mine. I don't call them by their "given" names at all! :smuggrin:

7. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Of course in 1 hour I will count him again !! And I hope this is our nadir for a start .. !!

And I do not call him Zoro.
    The only reason he got that name is because he looks like he's wearing a black mask around his eyes.
    But I call him with other sweet words, and I think he understands from the tone of my voice and he always answers me!

I see that you also wore a black mask of zorro! :cat:

8. Bandit's Mom

Yes, that's why we called her Bandit. But she's scared of her own shadow! :D

9. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

I saw in your spreadsheet that you also started neurobion!
    We also took it for a month, because he had lost a lot of weight as soon as he was diagnosed with diabetes and because he did not look very weak in his hind legs!
    The veterinarian told us the maximum for one month the administration.
    What indications did you start with and how safe is it to take B12?

10. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Zorro is very courageous and very confident !!
    Strange and very sociable! Everyone went through an examination to enter the house and he enters in front and protects me like a dog !!
    My little cat is also afraid of her shadow, like Bradit :joyful:

11. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

+6 109
    I think we are nice! :)

12. Bandit's Mom

Yes, you can take a break till PMPS. Good cycle! :)

13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Congrats on your first green.

14. Bandit's Mom

Just saw this. Don't know how I missed it.

I started Bandit on Methyl B12 in February after she started displaying hind leg neuropathy. Even though her numbers were not as high as some numbers I have seen here. I gave her 3mg a day. It took around 6 months for her neuropathy to resolve - I am not sure if it was the Methyl B12 or her numbers improving or both. I continue to give it to her.

I started her on Neurobion last week because she had the odd GI issue and I wondered if it was on account of a B12 deficiency. I don't think that was the reason but I will keep her on it for now. I don't think there is any harm if I give it to her even if she isn't deficient.

Does Zorro have weakness in his hind legs (neuropathy)? If he does, what he needs is methylcobalamin B12 and not Neurobion which is B-complex and has cyanocobalamin B12. There are 2 kinds of B12.

These are informative articles on the subject:

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/feline-diabetic-neuropathy-weak-back-legs.178252/
    http://felinecrf.org/vitamin_b.htm

15. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Beautiful cycle!!! :D Nice to see those green numbers for Zorro.

16. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

I did not know! Thank you for the information!!
    When Zoro was diagnosed, we started a change of diet but I had already noticed that he was no longer jumping on the furniture, he was careful with his body and his hind legs were weak in balance.
    I talked to the vet and he told me that maybe neuropathy is starting and he gave me the Neurobion. All this before I take insulin.

I saw huge differences in his appetite, as he did not eat much until then and constantly lost weight and his legs became much stronger. On the internet I saw a reference to zobaline for diabetic cats and I thought maybe it would be good to look it up on amazon, to order it, because unfortunately it does not exist in Greece.
    But I do not know if I should give it for how long, given that now my baby has recovered and now gains weight, jumps and runs as before and his hair has become very shiny and fluffy!
    Also his mouth smelled very much and the veterinarian said that he had diabetes and now he no longer has any bad smells. And I attribute it all to the change of diet, to the neurobion and of course to the fall of sugar with the lantus!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  17. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

i am happy too!!! thanks!!:bighug:

18. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

yeah!!!! I m happy too!! thanks!!:):)

19. Bandit's Mom

Yes, I am in India and we don't have Zobaline either. Lifelink, the company that sells Zobaline has international shipping. It was too expensive for me.
    https://www.ilifelink.com/zobaline-for_diabetic_cats-3_mg_x_60_tablets.html

I just bought a locally available capsule of methylcobalamin B12 and gave it to Bandit. I am continuing it because she is CKD Stage II and its good for CKD cats.

It's great that Zorro is so much better now. Are you testing him regularly for ketones?

20. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Oοοhhh!
    It is indeed quite expensive if we add it to the total of things we spend every month on food, medicine and consumables.
    But I will make sure to get it in the new year through ilifelink!

No, I have not checked it yet for ketones as these sticks are at the same price as the zobaline, in Greece.
    So this also enters the program, although I have not fully understood what its purpose is and what I should do in a positive ketone test.

21. Bandit's Mom

You could check if you get methylycobalamin B12 locally. Would be cheaper. That is what I am doing.

Here is a lot of info on ketones. It is advisable that you check for them. Do you know if your vet tested for ketones at diagnosis? A urinalysis usually has a check for ketones.
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...oacidosis-dka-and-blood-ketone-meters.135952/

22. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I see no one has mentioned it yet, but those lovely greens today earn Zorro a reduction. On SLGS, any number below 90 means an immediate reduction by 0.25 units. So that means going back to 1.5 units for you.

23. Bandit's Mom

Wendy, Xara is following TR now. I just realized her SS still says SLGS.

24. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for the update Bhooma. The SS also says SLGS.

25. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Good morning from here and have a good week!
    I will check the link for ketones.

The vet initially did a urine test and found 500 sugar but never mentioned ketones. He told me that everything was normal and only the sugar was high. The same with the hematological ones.
    Conditions such as ketones, gradual increase in insulin, syringes with half doses and bounces, were obviously unknown to her as soon as I mentioned them, she was very upset and told me that she does not agree with anything and does not understand what I mean ....
    I do not work with her anymore. I follow the forum here and I will find another veterinarian just to repeat the blood tests when the time comes!

26. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Good morning Wendy & Neko !!
    Unfortunately I was late to see your message and I gave 1.75 again in the morning.
    So if I see again today below 90, should I proceed with a reduction from tomorrow?

27. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

I'm still not sure how I should proceed this week when I'm off work, as I do not want to have continuous drop in sugar next week due to insulin storage, from the rapid rise, because I will not have the ability to count every 20 minutes or an hour, due to my absence from work. I think maybe it is good watching his measurement every day, to move carefully so that I do not have big falls in the following days and to stay safe as long as I work.
    What do you say?

28. Bandit's Mom

If you are able to do 1 or 2 tests per cycle in addition to the pre-shot tests like you were doing in the first half of December, you can continue with TR. When do you have to go back to work? You could hold this dose till then and then take a call?

29. Bandit's Mom

Yes, I find that vets here too do not know a whole lot about diabetes and I have been following FDMB dosing methods only. The test for ketones is a urine test and not a blood test. I am not sure how expensive they are in Greece.

Do you not have some locally available ketone testing strips? The ones for human use are the ones used even for testing ketones in cats.

This is what I use. Do you have the equivalent there?
    https://www.amazon.in/Bayer-Keto-Diastix-Reagent-Strips-Urinalysis/dp/B000M2IL84/

[​IMG]

30. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

The excavator product is not available in Greece, I just searched for it, but I found another company and I will order it online today !!
    I will return to work on Monday, January 4th.

Finally to increase the dose tomorrow or to wait to see today's measurements and see?

31. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

I can have more measurements this week and the next day when I return to work to have up to three measurements in between each cycle!

32. Bandit's Mom

When you first get green nadirs, you hold the dose 5 days. So let us take a call tomorrow on whether to increase on Wednesday :)

3 tests per cycle? So 6 tests per day? If yes, that is good for TR!

If you send me the link, I can check and see if it's the right one. If you'd like. :)

33. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Exactly!! 6 tests per day!
    So I officially change the title to tr on my spreadsheet now!:smuggrin:

And we'll talk again tomorrow (except for the unexpected) to see Wednesday increase!

Thanks a lot for the guidance, you are very supportive !!:bighug:

34. Bandit's Mom

Excellent!
    Happy to help! :)
    Let us start a new thread for today.

35. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

is a Greek site and states that they are 10-parameter tail measuring tapes.
    10-parameter urine tests with reagent analysis strips.
    1. Blood (Erythrocytes)
    2. Proteins
    3. Ketones
    4. pH value
    5. Urocholinogen
    6. Bilirubin
    7. Nitrates
    8. Glucose
    9. Specific gravity
    10. Leukocytes

The results are achieved by direct comparison of the films and
    of the colors printed on the package label.

No calculations or laboratory instruments needed.

The instructions analyze the

any color change of the film.

Any pathological value is encouraged by the doctor
    to look for the cause that causes it.

With ULTIMED uranium analysis films you can
    be sure of the quality of the result.

https://www.digas.gr/el/tainies-metrisis-oiron-10-parametron-ultimed

36. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

37. Bandit's Mom

I went to the website and was able to see the product. This is fine. Just check for ketones colour on the strip. Follow the instructions mentioned on the box. There is a certain number of seconds after which you need to check whether the colour on the strip has changed. Good luck!

38. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

ok !! I go for the +2 measurement and return for a new one thread!:)

39. Bandit's Mom

40. Bandit's Mom

Cool. See you on the new thread.

Go for the second ketone strips you sent me. Siemens one. Simpler than the full urinalysis one.