12/1 Kitty Cat AMPS 285, +6 143, +10 48, +10.5 70, PMPS 74, +1 84 +2 78, +3 93

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christina & Kitty Cat, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Christina & Kitty Cat

Christina & Kitty Cat Member

previous post
    I haven't been as on top of testing as I should be lately :( But Kitty Cat went below 50 3c on this dose so I'll be reducing starting tonight (in about an hour and 20 mins. I'll be out of town starting tomorrow for 5 days so the cat sitter will be here starting next AM shot time. She's only able to come during shot times but will be testing bg when she does. Should I be worried about him going low inbetween if I'm reducing tonight? I'm very worried right now!!!

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I think he's going to bounce here, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're safe because he breaks them fast.

If it were me, I'd do a BCS tonight and a lower vacation dose. I'm not as experienced with low dose cats, so hopefully someone else comes around in time to advise @tiffmaxee

I'm thinking a 0.75U BCS and a vacation dose of 1-1.25U if nobody pops in.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

A reduction was not earned as he didn’t drop under 40 but while you are away he needs a vacation dose. We usually started in advance. I would reduce to 1.25 tonight and while you are away. To be extra safe you could reduce to 1.0.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  4. Christina & Kitty Cat

Ahhh I seem to keep getting this wrong. I thought it was either 3x under 50 or 1x under 40.

5. Christina & Kitty Cat

Sorry, what's a BCS?

6. tiffmaxee

For a year diabetic it’s under 40 unless they don’t hold reductions. If they don’t hold reductions it’s 3 times under 50.
    You could tell whoever is shoots if high shoot 1.25 but if low shoot 1.0. That might be confusing though.

BCS is a big chicken dose, a one time reduced dose.

FrostD likes this.
  7. Christina & Kitty Cat

Got it, okay thank you for always explaining everything <3 I feel like I should be better at this by now. The cat sitter got a little nervous last time when I asked her to increase so I think best to keep it consistent.
    Also sorry for the confusion, his AM shot was 1.75u. I wrote 1.5u for tonight as a reminder to myself but shot time isn't for another 30 minutes. Should the reduced dose for tonight/my trip be 1.5u (.25u reduction) or are you saying I should reduce .5u?

8. tiffmaxee

Post the pmps. Then we can decide on tonight.

Christina & Kitty Cat likes this.
  9. Christina & Kitty Cat

PMPS 74!

10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

WOW!

If Elise doesn't come back, my two cents is 1U tonight (which is effectively a BCS anyway) and while you are gone

11. tiffmaxee

I’m back. Give 1.0 tonight.

FrostD and Christina & Kitty Cat like this.
  12. tiffmaxee

You will only be gone 5 days so if you want to be extra cautious have the sitter shoot 1.0. If after a few days he’s high she could give 1.25 or you can just deal with it when you get home. Have a nice vacation.

13. Christina & Kitty Cat

Shot 1.0u!

FrostD and tiffmaxee like this.
  14. Christina & Kitty Cat

15. tiffmaxee

Not much of a food bump. Probably best to stick with 1.0 while you are gone.

16. Christina & Kitty Cat

+2 78. I have to leave for the airport in 5 hours so I guess I'll just stay up and test again at +3 and +4 in case he needs MC.
    I'll let the cat sitter know 1.0u. Autofeeder is set for AM/PM +4, +8.
    Thanks everyone!

17. tiffmaxee

Have fun.