11/20 MICIO: AMPS 348 / 284 +3.25

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA), Nov 20, 2021.

1. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA) Member

MICIO's Yesterday: AMPS 390 / 289 +3.25 / 268 +7.75 / PMPS 305 / 364 +5.5

CAN I PLEASE HAVE SOME ADMINS GUIDANCE HERE?! Micio is not doing well and seems to be declining quite fast and his Neuropathy gotten much worse (stumbling and almost walking on his heels), more muscle waste, I don't even think he can see right... Have been giving him 4500 mg B-12 Methylcobalamin per day now and fibers for constipation which gotten much worse (he's on a well balanced raw meat diet for almost 11 yrs, no dry except for freeze dry treats)

Started him on Semglee on November 1 with 0.5u x2 per day, then 0.75u and up to 1u starting yesterday. I started with SSGS and wanted to switch to TR but I don't think I'm ready for that as I'm still struggling to understand how all this work....all I see is high numbers and my baby getting worse and right now I am a complete wreck as I believe I'm failing my Micio badly.
    Only last month the vet suggested to take a glucose/ fructosamine test where eventually he was diagnose with diabetes but, as I'm looking on previous blood work done in June 2021 the glucose jumped at 298 from 101 in January 2021...WONDER why she didn't suggest insulin back in June and now I fear it is too late!
    Getting in touch with my vet has been very hard in the last year and recently she has been absent/ in and out and that left me with no help with Diabetes; all she suggested was a Libre device and 1u insulin once per day. All I've learned is from this groups, my vet doesn't even know I'm testing at home, giving 2 shots per day and that I've change the insulin dosage. P.S.: already tried all of the vets in the area prior my current one but with no luck and right now not many decent vets are taking new patients.

WHAT ELSE CAN I POSSIBLY DO FOR HIM? DO I NEED TO CHANGE INSULIN BRAND? DOSAGE? I TRIED TO GIVE SHOTS IN DIFFERENT SPOTS, I TRY TO READ AS MUCH AS I CAN THROUGH THE FILES BUT I CAN ONLY UNDERSTAND SO MUCH RIGHT NOW... AM I DOING ALL WRONG? I'M AT COMPLETE LOSS RIGHT AS I'M SEEING MY BABY BOY SLOWLY DYING AND NOT BEING ABLE TO HELP HIM

SORRY FOR THIS LONG AND MAYBE INAPPROPRIATE POST BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO TURN TO.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With SLGS you don’t increase more than every 7 days. With TR it’s every 3 days until you see a blue or green nadir and then you hold for 10 cycles and evaluate. This is only day 20 on insulin. Most cats need a lot longer before they become regulated. You are using one of the best cat insulins so give it time. To follow TR you need a minimum of two tests each cycle which you are getting. Looks like you are not feeding any dry food so why not try it at least until you start to see better numbers. For most it’s a marathon and not a race. It’s frustrating because we all want to see regulation quickly. Hang in there. :bighug:

3. tiffmaxee

4. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

I just fear that if his numbers won't get better fast enough, he won't recover and get worse. I don't expect remission but seeing this sudden decline it's killing me...
    If a go TR, should I keep the 1u 'till tomorrow and then go up to 1.25u twice a day for another 3 days and so on 'till blue/ green nadir...correct? By "hold for 10 cycles to evaluate" you mean 5 days? UP to how much insulin can I give him? He's about lb 13.5 now...

5. tiffmaxee

I understand. With TR you can increase after six cycles, 3 days. So let’s see his numbers at that point. He has a lot going on. Maybe try TR to get him at a better bg and then you can decide whether to stick with it or return to SLGS? Please post for dosing advice before you increase, ok?

6. tiffmaxee

You would not be able to increase until Monday at the earliest. If you see a blue or green bg then it’s 5 days you hold from that point.

7. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

8. tiffmaxee

One post per day and post here. Just change the subject if you have a different question during a cycle or add the question mark prefix. Many post daily and if nothing to report just link their previous post. That gets eyes looking at your spreadsheet daily.

9. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

Thank you for reminding me.