10/31 Eddie AMPS 169 Did Reduction to 12U +3 184 +7 119 PMPS 194 +3 178

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes. Going by what she posted last night, you want to take a reduction to 12U from this morning.

ETA: Btw, the 65 @+12, 92@+12.5 shoud be in the cell above. That is in the row for 10/29.

3. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Roger that! Thank you!!!!

4. Bandit's Mom

In case you didn't see this edit...

5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Should it be in the row for 10/29??
    Because he had the two +65 yesterday morning, the 30th. Then I shot after stalling when we got to 106. So, I put those entries there as "notes".

6. Bandit's Mom

Yes. Tests done before the AMPS of the 30th would be +12 for the PM cycle of the 29th.

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Ok, I think I got it now. I see the logic. Thank you.

8. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

@Wendy&Neko @Bandit's Mom

Ok, at +3 I now have a question: AMPS was 169 and now +3 is 184.

We're still in the blues but are we going in the right direction?

9. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Try not to microanalyze every test and every cycle. It’s hard, I know, but each reading is just a snapshot in time.

Managing FD is a process and one needs to collect the data before analyzing trends (exception being when BG drops low, of course). Right now, you’re collecting data on a 12u dose. Focus on getting more data points for the next few cycles and try not to interpret too much just yet.

The numbers look reasonable to me so far, for what it’s worth. Hang in there; you’re doing great. :)

10. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

"Microanalyze"!! How did you know my middle name?? I think, though, it's a function of moving into TR over the last while. It's also a function of having been so worried that Eddie would even survive the 28 days he had to spend at WSU in December when there were complications with his hypophysectomy (acromegaly). His incision dehisced twice and had to be debrided twice. He was so traumatized when I got him home all he could do was growl and hiss. He weighed only about 7 pounds, down from 10.5. He also had an esophageal feeding tube in place when I brought him home. I was freaking out all the time but had to stay as steady as I could. Then we went for SRT in February as they could only get 60% of the pituitary tumour from surgery and we had another road trip and back again. He's been slowly, slowly, slowly coming back since the end of February so I've become hypervigilant. Poor Eddie! And, now I'm just hoping the SRT is kicking in and one fine day he will go into remission. I guess I'm a bit impatient so thank you for the reminder. :) I really do need it now and again. Mostly now.

I like the idea of collecting data.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think JL nailed it. Having an acrokitty is hard. Having one go through treatment is even more so. What you went through with Eddie, I couldn't imagine the stress. :bighug::bighug: I didn't help me that my work experience was solving problems, but with acro, sometimes you just have no control over what happened. It's up to the cat. That was against my very nature! I learned to find other ways to relieve stress, for me it was exercise.

And I'm lovin' that low blue later on today. :cool::cool: It may be due to the 13 unit depot, but it's still a good sign.

12. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I hear you about the exercise! I've recently got a personal trainer and joined a running group! It's the only way.

Also good is tonight's PMPS still in the blue @ 194.

It also matters that there is support here. The stress without it is a challenge. Thank you!