10/30 Eddie AMPS 106 +2 101 +4 133 +6 191 PMPS 2790 +2 246

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Sorry! Just saw this. What did you do? Did you shoot?

Was the 92 after 20 mins w/o food?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  3. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

The retests (2) were after the first 2 AMPS. I stalled 40 minutes. Debated with myself. Read over the pinned material. The retests showed 92 -106 (20 mins apart) so after arguing with myself, I took the full shot (13U). I'm home today and can retest.
    I can't believe the level of uncertainty and then having to make a decision.

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You did great! Since he was higher w/o food after 20 mins and above 68, it was okay to feed and shoot. Especially since you can monitor.
    Since you shot at 1.6, that would be your AMPS.

Sorry that no one got to you on time!

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

With the AMPS, do you mean that I should change SS and title to show AMPS is 106?

And, btw, the retests were without food

Re: having to make a decision. In a way, it kind of helps me becoming more confident or at least not panicking and slowing things down and using the resources here (stickies, for example!). But thank you!!

I was feeling bad because I had fallen asleep (after my all nighter with testing) and not did a +2 after the night shot so I messed up the data.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I agree. You did great!

7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thank you! I feel like I'm just learning to walk the walk!

Just did a +2 and it's 101, so he's trending down...Will keep an eye on him, that's for sure.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Hi! Has anyone told you about the 20 percent meter variance? So the difference between 106 and 101 is not any difference at all. It is flat. So, what this means is that if you test a single drop of blood you may get a reading of say, 100 …. Or you may get a 120 on that same drop of blood with the same meter. Those two numbers are flat when you take into consideration the 20 percent meter variance. This meter variance always drove me crazy!

9. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Oh, dear. Well, what if I didn’t test the same drop but took two individual (slightly different location) tests?

I’m going to be doing the PMPS in a short while snd then I will definitely get a +2.

The good news is that Eddie is doing well. For the first time in ages he jumped on the bed while I was changing the sheets. He used to love that. He was also more active today.

10. Suzanne & Darcy

That is the most awesome news. That Eddie is back to some more normal activities! That is significant!

11. Suzanne & Darcy

I guess all I mean about the 20 percent meter variance is that a 100 is basically the same as a 120 (or possibly an 80). Or a 200 is the same as a 240! It used to really drive me crazy in those higher numbers to be told that my cat was flat when I said he was going down!

12. Suzanne & Darcy

And I just love Eddie jumping on the bed while you were changing sheets. I had an interesting time today trying to change sheets with cats on top who thought it was a game!

13. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Oh, I see!! It's like trying to walk into a dark room and someone has moved all the furniture.

Just did PMPS and he's 279 (or is he?).

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice to hear Eddie is lovin’ the blues. :cool:

15. Suzanne & Darcy

Darn, well 279 is definitely higher. And I hope he comes down a bit this evening!

16. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I’ll check before I get horizontal. Dang, 279. Where’d that come from?

17. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

The ol' bouncy bounce

I'm a little confused because I don't think I saw this this morning - you got two 65s on the AT at usual PS time? Then a 92 20 minutes later? 106 20 mins after that?

The numbers you have in the Remarks ought to be in the actual spreadsheet, those 65s are significant. Not really sure how low he went overnight, but seeing those it's a bounce. What you can do is put it in the PM +11 column, but put it as "65 @+12, 92@+12.3". You keep the 106 at AMPS because that's what you shot.

Looking at the last 4 days, plus those 65s....if he were my cat I'd reduce before he gets ahead of you. @Wendy&Neko did you happen to notice the 65s?

18. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Hi yes, two 65s back-to-back. Then I waited 20 mins twice, got 106 and took the shot.
    I’ll adjust the SS. What reduction would you make? Which will be for tomorrow.
    Thank you. Just waiting 45 more mins before I test again.

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for spotting that Melissa. Those 65’s were in tomorrow morning’s spreadsheet row, not today or last night’s. I hope he was too low for too long last night.

Below 68 on the AT means a reduction. At his size of dose I would reduce tomorrow morning to 12 units. But I already suggested you reduce down to 12 units on October 22nd when he got that 72. After SRT starts working, you need to exercise an abundance of caution and reduce when it looks like he’s thinking of a reduction,