10/26 Cabergoline questions

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Max & Lori, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Max’s vet appointment is coming up next week. I’m anxious to find out about his kidney values mostly because he’s drinking and peeing a lot more. Last time I posted @Wendy&Neko you gave me the papers on Cabergoline. I’ve been thinking about it and weighing the pros and cons with everything else Max has going on. He’s hanging on to this dose for now, but he’s having more acro symptoms so I’m trying to do the best thing. I wanted to see if anyone knows how Cabergoline is prescribed? Dosage? And also where to get it in the US? I’m pretty sure my vet will ask, that is if she’s willing to prescribe it for him.

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-2-max.282188/#post-3110580

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Max & Lori likes this.
  3. Max & Lori

Thanks for this! Lots of good info on that post. I’m going to read it more closely tonight when things settle down.

That’s cool! Marshmallow bacon sounds like something Max would like lol. Only thing that’s causing me to be hesitant about Cab is his IBD and pancreatitis. He’s on a ton of meds too.

4. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Howie has been in Cab since Feb 2021. He is about 11 pounds and gets .5mL every morning. I get it compounded from Wedgewood and his is chicken flavored. He also has pancreatitis but that was only diagnosed last spring. I hear you about tons of meds! I swear his food is just medicine/supplements laced with food.

Max & Lori likes this.
  5. Max & Lori

Thank you for your input! That helps a lot. Did it affect Howie’s appetite?

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I got mine from Wedgewood pharmacy in New Jersey. The vet ordered it for me. Fish flavor.

Max & Lori likes this.
  7. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

No, I never saw a change in appetite from the Cab. He’s been on Mirataz since his pancreatitis Dx so that helps with any inappetance.

Max & Lori likes this.
  8. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Without knowing the concentration (mcg/ml), specifying only a volume is not rally useful.

9. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

100mcg/mL which is what I believe most people have prescribed