10/20 Vinnie amps 325; +4.5 241

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom Member

Yesterday's #s were amps 308; +3 201; +7 268; pmps 302; +5 240. Still seems high to me but lower than the previous days and we have 3 days left in the 7-day stretch before dose adjustments. Just want to check in and see if this looks "normal" at this stage. Still getting familiar with lantus and building up the depot etc.

Also, he threw up last night. He has periodically thrown up for the past couple of years and has been checked out with nothing of note. It may be due to eating too fast?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He’s either still bouncing or needs more juice. The next couple days will tell for sure. My guess is he needs an increase.

Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom likes this.
  3. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Okay, thanks for the info!

4. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Should I wait out the full 7 days to increase the dose? Is it bad to leave him in the 200s and 300s for this long? Should I do a curve before increasing? Sorry for all the questions!

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If you choose to follow SLGS you need to wait 7 days. TR allows you to increase more quickly but you need to test more often. If you are feeding all wet food you have your choice. If any dry it’s SLGS. That being said I see you only shot ,75 after increasing on 10/16 and one day only .25.
    Hold this dose for the next two days. Within TR you will shoot a full dose if around 150 being new and eventually anything 50 and above. You test enough for TR.

It’s with not bad for him to have these bg numbers but best to get him to mostly blue and green. It takes time for most. With SLGS you reduce if under 90.

Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom likes this.
  6. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Okay I'll see how it goes the next two days. He is on wet food only so I'll probably move into TR as soon as I feel comfortable. (I lost a cat 20 years ago to hypoglycemia so I definitely prefer to err on the side of caution...) Thank you again for your help!