10/20 LANDO - back to assist feeding :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lando demando, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Lando demando

Lando demando Well-Known Member

AMPS 176; +2 113; PMPS 143

i noticed his enthusiasm for food was dwindling. He did not want to eat his dinner tonight. I have to say im super depressed that i may be back to assist feeding.
    Will try a pepcid tonight and go from there.

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Do you think he's having a pancreatitis flare?

Lando demando likes this.
  3. Lando demando

Well, its a good guess. No vomiting. But the pepcid gave him some relief last time. That is my step one.
    I noticed he lost a bit of interest over the last few days and tonight he just rubbed his head against the bowl. Ate one churu tho

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry he’s not eating. You think it is a panc. attack? You have all the right meds available so that’s good. I am glad you are all over this and prepared to assist feed. You can’t let it go on very long or he will lose more weight and be in danger. I hope he will get better soon!

5. Lando demando

Thank you suzanne. Luckily ( or unluckily not sure ;) ) lando has really not lost any weight so that is good. I am just going to stay up with him for a while.
    I gave him a pepcid and he threw it up with the assist feed food. Sooo yup, im prepared and will helicopter around him tonight.
    Thanks for your support

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Are you green bing him ondansetron? Cerenia? Sorry to hear he’s not feeling well again so soon. Max rarely vomited when his pancreatitis reacted it’s ugly head but he was always inappetent.

7. Suzanne & Darcy

I hope he did okay overnight. I think it's just that I saw anorexia in your signature and assumed he was losing weight.

I don't mind at all if my older cats carry a little bit of "extra weight" as long as they aren't obese -- because they have very frequently needed that weight to fall back on when they've become ill. They can lose a little without getting that really skinny look where their spine is so prominent. I also saw the meds in your signature and, to me, it looked like you are very experienced with the Cerenia (which is very helpful with panc due to the anti-inflammatory effect - even if they aren't vomiting), Ondansetron, Bupe, Mirataz, Pepcid, etc.

I hate it when they throw up the meds we just gave them! If I can't find a whole pill in there then I can't give them any more because I have no idea how much they may have already absorbed! I hope Lando (and you) have a better day today!)

8. Lando demando

Thanks Elise!
    My hunch is that its not a full blown pancreatitis. He seems to do so well on pepcid, that is what i am doing today. Both cerenia, ondansertron did not seem to move what bugs him.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

If it’s acid tummy then slippery elm bark powder can be very helpful too - for the whole GI tract in fact. I have used pepcid with success as well.

10. Lando demando

Thank you suzanne! Yes the anorexia comes up now and then, but i assist feed when it does. Maybe my terminology is wrong.
    You are so thoughtful to circle back thank you. Last night got me down, but lando has eaten on his own a bit in the am hrs and am crossing my fingers ( and trying to not ADD to his stress).

11. Lando demando

I may also start moving his shot time later so that he doesnt feel pressured to eat.
    ( note to self) after giving pepcid late morning lando is a bit more interested in food.
    Going back over the log it looks like after about a week he starts licking plastic, becomes less interested in food and begins night vomits.
    Going to try to do pepcid every 5 days or so?? If he eats better tonight, this is definitely a solve.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021