10/2 Bootsie - Acro/IAA results pending

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jackie55 & Bootsie, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Jackie55 & Bootsie

Jackie55 & Bootsie Member

I have a question - do those of you with cats with these diagnosis find your cats sleeping in cool dark places?
    Bootsie has always been a lap cat and a smuggler but since she was diagnosed with DM she prefers to lay on the floor stretched out or in the dark closet or behind a chair on the floor in the shadow. I am just wondering if this is something anyone else has seen. I will not have results for possibly 10 more days.

Thanks - Jackie

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I have not seen it with either of mine.

Jackie55 & Bootsie likes this.
  3. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Howie has the dual diagnosis and loves sleeping in the sunshine. He slept with me in the winter but not in the summer. He is a lap cat in the evenings. So I would say I haven’t really noticed that he prefers cooler spots.

4. Jackie55 & Bootsie

Jackie55 & Bootsie Member

Hmmmm - I wonder what has caused this change in her behavior! Her personality has definitely changed from a lively active indoor/out
    Door kitty to one who spends most of her day sleeping or begging for food. Kind of sad for me because she can not tell me what’s wrong

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Neko used to shy away from bright light in her eyes, until after her SRT treatment, but she still liked sunshine on her body.

IAA should make no difference to behaviour. Once you get her better regulated, she'll get more active and feel better.

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Olive would seek out the dark spots when she got the headaches or push her head into the corners of the couch.