GA 10/17, Good Bye, Sweet Susie

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Oct 17, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I thought the waiting was the hardest part.

I was wrong.

The hardest part is that gut-wrenching realization that you are never going to see your precious cat again and that, somehow, I betrayed her trust.

Her passing was very peaceful. She had no fight in her. It is a true blessing that we can assist our pets when their time comes. It should be the same with people.

There are far too many folks on this forum for me to thank individually. You know who you are. You are the ones that always offered advice, support and encouragement. I hope to someday return to this site and offer support wherever it is needed. For now, I just need to heal.

When the time is right, I will once again go to my local shelter and find a loving and lonely kitty to bring home. I've learned some valuable lessons here that I hope the next time around will make me a better mother.

2. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, Summer. I will hold Bama close to me now while I can and remember that you, too, once held a warm, furry, purring bundle in your arms. The absence creates a hole almost bigger than the space she once occupied. :bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

3. Summer and Susie (GA)

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry Summer. Be kind to yourself. :bighug:

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

upload_2021-10-17_10-15-28.jpeg
    Dear sweet Summer I am so deeply saddened for the loss of beautiful Susie. As you know you are in my heart and in my prayers. You made the final sacrifice and set Susie free to fly high cat_wings>oand be free of pain and suffering.

6. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you :bighug:

7. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Susie was in the best hands - one who loved her to and through the very end.

I’m glad she had peace. I hope it comes to you as well.

cat_wings>o:bighug:cat_wings>o

8. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

I’m so so sorry Summer. :bighug:

A friend sent this poem to me when I lost my first cat, JJ. It helped bring me some comfort — I hope it can bring you some comfort as well.

Her Journey’s Just Begun.

Don’t think of her as gone away –
    her journey’s just begun,
    life holds so many facets –
    this earth is only one.

Just think of her as resting
    from the sorrows and the tears
    in a place of warmth and comfort
    where there are no days and years.

Think how she must be wishing
    that we could know today
    how nothing but our sadness
    can really pass away.

And think of her as living
    In the hearts of those she touched
    For nothing loved is ever lost –
    And she was loved so much.

Ellen Brenneman

Rest In Peace beautiful Susie cat_wings>o

9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Do hold your Bama close. You never know how much time you have with them. :bighug:

10. Summer and Susie (GA)

Beautiful, Jessica. Thank you so much for sending this to me. I have hope that I will see her again someday - God willing.

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

You know that I am grieving with you, Summer.

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I am so so sorry Summer, Susie is no longer suffering, you did everything you could for her and she knows that. You were an amazing mama. Don't ever doubt that.
    Fly High Sweet Susie, you were truly loved and will be missed. ♥♥:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

13. Cindy loves Tansi

Cindy loves Tansi Well-Known Member

Oh no, I am so terribly awfully sorry. Please accept my heartfelt condolences and blessings. If love could have cured her, she would have lived forever. Take good care ❤

14. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Fly free, sweet Susie. You were very much loved. cat_wings>o

Take care of yourself, Summer.

15. Holly and Sunny Bear

Holly and Sunny Bear Member

Rest in sweet peace Susiecat_wings>o
    Summer you will see her again one day and it will be the sweetest reunion.

16. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Summer, I'm so sorry for you ! :bighug: It's so hard when they go, they take part of our life with them. Always think that Susie could not have had a better mom. You gave her a beautiful life full of love.
    Susie will always be with you! Rest in peace sweet little girl! cat_wings>o

17. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Summer)))
    I am so very sorry and you have my deepest condolences. As hard as it is, the sacrifice you made today was the best act of love you could give Susie.

Fly free, Susie cat_wings>ocat_wings>o:rb_icon::rb_icon:

A Rainbow Path

© 2004 (by Carol Notermann)

I could hear you say my name, in your very gentle way.
    You told me that it was all right, I didn’t have to stay.
    I was getting very tired, and the pain was leaving too
    I closed my eyes a second, and a field came into view.

I still could hear you talking, but you seemed quite far away
    Though I longed to be beside you, I just couldn’t seem to stay
    For one moment I was with you, and the next I’m running free
    I turned my head and there were others, running next to me.

We ran together through the field, and birdies filled the sky.
    We chased and played together, then I turned and wondered why?
    Why were you not behind me? I wondered where you went.
    Then someone was beside me, and He had a lovely scent.

He petted me and told me that I simply had to wait.
    That before I ‘d time to miss you, you’d be coming through the gate.
    He said that very loyal pets, were granted special space
    To wait for those who loved them, to see again their face.

So please, know I am waiting with dogs and cats, and many more
    For the day that I can see again the face that I adore.
    It’s really such a lovely place, there’s no sickness and no pain.
    I’ll be so very filled with joy when I see you once again.

Thank you for setting me free.

18. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Cindy. It is interesting that you said "If love could have cured her, she would have lived forever." That is on my Katie's memorial stone. She was a beloved lab that I had for years and had to put down in 2018. I wish you only the best with your Tansi. Hold her tight and don't let go.

Cindy loves Tansi likes this.
  19. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh Summer, I'm so very saddened to read this. My heart is breaking for you ... we all feel terrible when one of ours leaves us to cross over.

May you fly free sweet Susie - go chase those butterflies now, no more pain, no more tests...

Summer, you will always have a place in your heart for your sweet girl. Know that I am sending you many hugs this evening.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

cat_wings>o

20. Cindy loves Tansi

Cindy loves Tansi Well-Known Member

Oh how touching.
    Yes I will hold tight ❤

21. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

@Marje and Gracie What a beautiful poem ! Something to keep in case one day we need to read it again... !!! Thanks for sharing!

22. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Summer, I've been mulling over what to say all evening, but the truth is there's nothing to say that even remotely takes away the heartache. You did the best you could for her, fought for her, pulled long nights for her, argued with vets for her. She knows she was loved, do not let the past few days/weeks become your dominant memories. There was a whole lifetime of live and care, do not lose that perspective :bighug:

Fly free sweet Susie, your momma and internet aunties (and uncles!) love you cat_wings>o

23. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Summer. You did the loving thing in letting her go. Fly free sweet Susie. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Summer, for your loss. I'm new to this group, but not to loss, so I'm sending all good thoughts to you in this hour. Godspeed, Susie. You've clearly been loved.

25. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

So very sorry it was Susie’s time. Hope you can give yourself grace - Susie was fiercely loved. Fly high, Susie cat_wings>o

26. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. Letting go is so hard, even when it's the right thing to do. Rest easy, Susie. cat_wings>o

27. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

I'm sorry this had to happen. Think of all the good times, and take care of yourself Summer.

28. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Summer it was Susies time to leave.
    Fly free sweet girl:rb_icon:cat_wings>o
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Dear Summer— i’m so very sorry to hear this. You’re in my thoughts. Be kind to yourself.

30. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Elise. I appreciate all your support and encouragement to remain in the forum.

tiffmaxee and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  31. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, dear friend. I hope life treats you and your family kindly. You have a sweet soul and deserve the best.

32. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Hilary. Take good care of your George.

Hshray and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  33. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Alex and Shane. Your Chloe is doing so well. Prayers for remission for your girl.

34. Summer and Susie (GA)

I know you are grieving with me. Just as I grieved with you when you lost your beloved Darcy. Take care, my friend, and thanks for walking with me on this journey. You were one of the first.

35. Summer and Susie (GA)

Diane, what can I say to you that is deserving enough? You have always understood what I was going through. You have been my soul sister. Stay your feisty, tough, Italian self. Prayers for a cure for your Ashley.

36. Summer and Susie (GA)

I appreciate all your support and advice. Prayers for your Ruby in her own battle. May she always have the very best doctors.

37. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Sue. I have enjoyed getting to know you. Enjoy your days in Florida and take good care of your Luci.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  38. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Holly. I am praying that God will bring us together again someday.

39. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Lyane. Hold your Ti close to you.

40. Summer and Susie (GA)

What a lovely poem. It brought tears to my eyes. I do pray that I will see her again - God willing.

My dearest Marje. You were with me from the get-go. I wasn't always kind to you and for that I apologize. When I was upset and angry, and wanted to leave the forum, you did your best to calm me down and encourage me to stay. Thank you for all your advice - especially on the lighted magnifying glass and light box. I don't know what I would have done without them. I hope you will continue to enjoy your time traveling but please never leave this site. So many folks have and will benefit from your knowledge and the compassion you show as a moderator. God bless. I hope your Gracie and my Susie are running through the fields together.

41. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Melissa. You and Mr. Kitty were always an inspiration to me. I was hoping my Susie would have a miracle like Mr. Kitty going into remission. You are very fortunate. You have had a whole lot of struggles, too. I hope your path, and Mr. Kitty's path, clears and you and your family enjoy a happy, healthy life.

Diane Tyler's Mom and FrostD like this.
  42. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Same to you Summer! Please don't be a stranger to the forum - we'll be around - although maybe not as much as we used to be - stop in and visit now and then - we'll be thinking of you :bighug::bighug:

43. Summer and Susie (GA)

Sweet Carla - you were always with me. I think I had more visits from you than anyone else on the site. You were never critical. Just offered your sage advice and encouragement. You are a true friend to everyone here. Keep touching base with folks that don't get many (or any) posts. They are the ones that need it the most. Knowing that someone is there with you is so important.

44. Summer and Susie (GA)

By the way, I have printed and saved your lovely poem. Thank you.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  45. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you so much, Jodey. You will make wonderful friends on this site and receive valuable advice for your kitty. I hope Eddie does well in the future and someday becomes regulated or reaches remission. Take care and many prayers for your kitty going forward.

46. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Susanne. You have provided me with wonderful advice. I know you know the heartache. You and I both lost our kitties this year. I hope you have found some peace with Jax's passing.

47. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Lisa. I wish only the best for you and your Oberon. This is a tough journey for anyone but our kitties are so worth it.

48. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Joey. Praying for your Templeton.

49. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Bron, and thank you for all your do on this site. We are all so fortunate to have your wonderful advice.

50. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Zelda. Many good wishes for your Walter going forward. I have so much respect for folks like you that hang in there year after year. You are the true warriors and your Walter is very, very fortunate to have you.

51. Summer and Susie (GA)

I will return, Sue. Just need some time to heal now.

52. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I have no words. But you are in my thoughts. You did your best by Susie. Keep that in mind. :bighug:

53. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Mandy. You were by my side these last few weeks and I am grateful. Her loss really hurts today. Everywhere I look I see her and I feel her around me. I hope to God I will see Susie, and all my other beloved "gone ahead" pets someday. Take care and cherish your Rex. You never know how quickly they can get sick and you have to say "good-bye". :bighug:

54. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no! I didn’t know Susie was sick! I’m so sorry Summer!

55. Kathy and tiger

Kathy and tiger Well-Known Member

So sorry Summer. Please come back and talk about Susie so we can keep her memory alive! Hugs and love to you:bighug:

56. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

THH & Snowcrash (GA) Member

I am so so sorry. It hurts so much. That first morning after always kicks me in the teeth so hard I can barely breathe. Thinking of you today.

57. Purrberry

Purrberry Member

Oh, Summer! I am so, SO sorry to see this news! I, too, took a break from the Boards, but do check in from time to time to see how everyone is doing. And my mouth fell open when I saw your post.

I'm heartbroken for you, truly. There is nothing that could have ever made you a better mother to Susie...your care of her was/is an inspiration to me. Everything you did, EVERYTHING, was out of love and care for her. And she knew it. I truly believe they absolutely know.

In addition to all your care for Susie, you were always so supportive and kind to everyone else here, myself included. My first introduction to you was when you called in the "big guns" after Fred had a rough night. I appreciate that more than you know.

God bless you and Susie. May you find peace in your memories and know that Susie will always watch over you, just as you always watched over her. My heartfelt condolences. :bighug::bighug:

58. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Adrienne. She started showing signs of sickness in mid September. Didn't want to eat which was very unusual for her. She continued to go downhill and the vet said the ultrasound showed either IBD or Lymphoma. I didn't have the money for the endoscopy to see which disease it was (maybe both). A long story short - she just really started suffering and was in pain I made the decision to let her go. Too many diseases attacking her body. I have enjoyed following you and Molly and wish you both all the best going forward.

59. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Kathy. All the best to you and your Tiger. I will be back.

60. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, T. I remember you giving me some good advice a while ago. Yes, today has been a real "gut puncher". Everywhere I go in my home I see her and feel her and it breaks my heart.

61. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you so much, Kathleen. I'm surprised you remembered my comment about calling in the "big guns" for Fred. I truly hope that you will get your Freddie regulated or into remission someday. In the meantime, hug your boy lots because you never know when they may get sick and you have to say "good bye". God bless you and your Fred.

62. Sally and Lily GA

Sally and Lily GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Summer. You loved your girl fiercely and she loved you the same. You were a wonderful mom to her and I am sure your grief will ease in time. I appreciated and enjoyed talking with you and will miss that. Take good care of yourself and mom. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

63. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Sally. I have enjoyed following you and Lily, too. I'll be back in a little while to check on my friends. It is just too hard right now. Take care of your Lily. She is getting some lovely greens today.

64. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hoping and praying you find strength and comfort in the coming days. Any decision made with love in your heart is always the right decision. Take care of yourself :bighug:

65. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Christie. Every decision I ever made for my Susie was with love in my heart. How can anyone go on this diabetes journey, day and night, without love and commitment in their heart? Nothing about this journey was easy. I would not want anyone to ever have to go through this. We do it all because we love them. We do it all because we want them to be well. I am so damned angry that additional diseases took her from me. I'm sorry for her suffering and everything else she had to endure with the diabetes. Sometimes, life just sucks.

The stages of grief. One of them is anger.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  66. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. One of them is anger for sure. Another is guilt.

I am angry too. I was just thinking about Susie tonight (again!) I feel angry at the way everything turned out for her.

67. Suzanne & Darcy

Good. And Kathy and I will talk about Susie, too!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  68. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

My sympathies Summer.:bighug::bighug:

Take care of yourself. You've spent so much of your energy taking care of Susie, that it will be a shock to your system not to have to do all the things you were doing. Be kind to yourself. Losing a sugar cat is hard.

69. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thinking of you Summer and how difficult today had to be. You are in our hearts and prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I will miss beautiful Susie with the beautiful heart around her neck, you have both been such a big part of our days. They make such an impact in our lives especially when they need special care. Be kind to yourself Summer, you were a wonderful, loving, caring, and giving mom. Susie was so lucky to have you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  70. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

I am heart broken, saddened and sorry to hear this Summer :bighug::bighug:
    Susie had a very beautiful life with a lot of love and care from you, you made an incredible amount of sacrifices to care for her and this is the most anyone can ask for :bighug::bighug:
    Fly high sweet Susie cat_wings>o

71. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Summer,
    My thoughts and sentiments won’t get unstuck. Words are hard to put together. I am very sad and in a bit of denial. I’m so sorry your baby girl has transitioned, but we all know how much you gave her, and please know so many of us loved, and still love Susie too.
    A gigantic hug for you Summer. Please take one easy step at a time, and that includes being a good caretaker of Summer. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    You can’t stop posting, or I won’t get to smile when I see Susie’s picture:kiss::cat:

72. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Marina. All of this happened so quickly. She would have good days and bad days. Then decent days and bad days. Pretty much in the end all her days were bad and I couldn't watch her suffer any longer. I'm so glad to see your Chico is still in remission. I hope he always stays happy and healthy and my very best to you going forward.

73. Summer and Susie (GA)

I don't know what to say either, Jan. My heart is broken. I never thought I would be putting the (GA) behind Susie's name. At least not for a long, long time. I will be back and Susie will be with me in spirit. I'm glad she brought you smiles. Thank you for caring about us both.

74. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

It is difficult to see our lovely furs suffering :( you did what you had to do :bighug:
    Thank you for your kind words and wishes to Chico :kiss:

75. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Summer, so sorry for your loss of Susie. My heart and prayers go out to you. It is the hardest thing to go thru when we lose one of these precious angels. I like what you said about when the time is right, you will give another kitty a place in your heart. That is what I did when I lost Maggie. Take good care of you.:bighug::bighug:

76. Summer and Susie (GA)

Adopting another cat from a shelter or a rescue is the only thing that will help my heart heal. There are so many out there that need our love. Thank you, Ann. My girl is so missed.

77. Stephanie & Max

Stephanie & Max Member

I didn't get to know you & Susie, but I wanted to say I am so very sorry for your loss. I read a lot of your threads and can see the love and care you had for her. Fly free sweet Susie.

78. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Stephanie. When I visit this site I will be sure to look for you and Max. Good luck with the diabetes journey. You have a great support group here. Max is a very pretty kitty. Love the intense eyes.

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  79. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

I’m sorry Summer… be kind to yourself though. You loved her better than anyone, you were meant to find each other. Take solace in the life that you gave her. Thinking of you :bighug:

80. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Amanda. I am heart broken and miss her so much. I know that time will heal almost all the hurt but right now it just seems I will never get over this. It happened so quickly.

I am so happy for you and Belles that you got through the OTJ trial. Congratulations! I wish you much happiness and for Belles - a long, healthy and happy life at The Falls.

81. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Summer, it is so very hard saying goodbye. My heart aches. My Thoughts and prayers are with you, so very sorry.
    Fly free sweet Susie, you were well loved and will be missed by each and every one of us :rb_icon:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

82. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Summer,

Susie is in a safe place and she loves you. You will continue to feel that great love forever. Fly free sweet Susie on your beautiful golden wings, and send your mamabean a sign that you are safe at the bridge with all of our GAs.
    cat_wings>o

83. Mikey’sDad

Mikey’sDad Member

Oh I am so sorry! You were a great mom and she knew it. My belief is that someday you will caress her again.
    Thomas

84. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Bronx's dad. Like you have in your signature, "I miss her everyday". I'm sorry for the loss of your Bronx, too. cat_wings>o

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  85. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Ella. I think I got my sign from Susie. There was a beautiful, white circle around the full moon early this morning. I felt she was in the Circle of Remembrance with all the other beloved cats that have gone ahead.

86. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Thomas. I have hopes that I will see her again - God willing. Prayers for you and your Mikey as you travel on this journey.

87. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Summer! I just have seen this and my heart is broken for you. Prayers.

88. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Lori. It has been difficult for me this week but couldn't stand to see her suffering. I'm praying for you and your Max. I hope NCSU can be a great help to you with his health. I will check on you from time to time and thanks for your message.

Max & Lori likes this.
  89. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

I understand and know your pain. You’ve encouraged me so much here and that meant a lot when I first started out. I feel bad that I have been so caught up in my own stuff with Max that I haven’t taken the time to check in on you until last night. You were a wonderful mom to Susie and you gave her such a good life. Her memories will always be with you. Take care of yourself my friend.:bighug:

90. Summer and Susie (GA)

:bighug:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

91. carlascalico

carlascalico Well-Known Member

Summer, I too am saddened by your loss of Susie. I have not been on the group site recently so I am just discovering your loss. She was well loved and you personally played an important intervention in my sugar baby, Cali of California life about the critical role of testing. You implored and I jumped into proactive mode. Thank you and Susie from the bottom of our hearts for your love and kindness. Carla

92. Summer and Susie (GA)

Bless you, Carla. What a sweet thing to say to me. I wish you and Cali all the best on this diabetes journey. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

93. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Summer:bighug::bighug::bighug: I'm so deeply sorry that you had to let Susie go. You were always so attentive to her many needs and she was so blessed to have such a loving and empathetic mom. May your memories of her bring you comfort and peace until you meet again:rb_icon:cat_wings>o.

94. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Lyla. Her downfall happened so fast that I am still trying to process it. We were doing okay with the diabetes but then the IBD/Lymphoma hit her and it hit hard. I will never let my pets suffer. She is deeply missed. I do have a new friend. He is rescue and his name is Boo. Found in a salvage yard as a stray and taken in by a wonderful local group. He is helping my heart heal and he looked so much like my Susie that I wondered if she hadn't led me to him. What do you think? I hope your Butters is doing well. I hope she gets some relief from the Apoquel. My dog is on it during certain times of the year when her allergies are bad (like now) and it does seem to help. It is good to hear from you.

Boo.jpg

95. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I was so shocked to see that your girl had passed. It really all did happen so fast, didn't it. I'm gutted that it was her time but I'm so relieved you didn't allow her to suffer. I won't allow my animals to suffer, either.
    I believe 100% that Susie led you to Boo. From getting to know Susie through your condos, I know she would want healing and happiness for you more than anything, and she somehow had a paw in making this happen. I'm sure she knows you will miss her regardless of the other friends who come into your life, but she also knows your heart is huge: you have room inside of it for both loss and love.

96. Summer and Susie (GA)

97. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Just a quick hello Summer and hugs for you, Boo, the puppies and your mom too. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

98. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Adrienne. You are in my thoughts and heart every day. I hope you are doing a little better. I was finally able to take the baby gate down, separating the dogs from Boo, and have actually had all three on the bed with me at one time. Boo is still a little paranoid but Kali (my foxhound) has been very good with him and Molly Pop is just a gentle soul. Boo doesn't come out of the bedroom much - yet - but I know he will in time. He is one of the most lovable kitties I have every owned. Mom is doing about as well as can be expected for someone her age and with her problems. I'm still waiting to get an estimate on my cataract surgery. I cannot wait to be able to see again in my right eye.

Thank you so much for thinking of me. ;

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  99. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Beautiful, beautiful kitty. Mustache reminds me of Bama's.

100. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

Summer, just stopped in and saw the pic you posted of Boo. He is adorable! :cat: