Connie & Parker & Moonie
Member Since 2026
10/14 Moonie AMPS 195, +2 94, +5 101, PMPS 274, +2 258
I would love to get some experienced eyes on Moonie’s SS and hear the group’s thoughts. Even if you don’t give dosing advice - I would be curious to know what you think might be happening and whether you’ve ever gone through something similar with your sugar kitty.
Moonie has always been bouncy but this is now the 9th cycle where we haven’t seen anything better than a 94, with mostly yellows and blues.
I’m just so confused.
I feel like we’ve been testing enough over the last few days that we likely would have caught any significant fast drops, so I don’t think she secretly went much lower.
We did intervene with 1.5 tsp HC at +2 on both 10/13 PM and 10/14 AM because she had dropped about 50%, so it’s possible we prevented those cycles from fully playing out. That said, in prior bounce breaks, 1.5 tsp HC usually wouldn’t have stopped her for very long. It also should have been mostly out of the picture by +4–6, and we grabbed those later tests on both days just in case.
What is throwing me is that 3.5u was enough to produce a lime on 10/7, and this is already the highest dose she has ever been on.
How much longer would you hold and wait this out? Would it be reasonable to increase tomorrow morning if nothing changes?
Should I get her in to see the doctor again? We did lab work in July and a full dental in April, but now I’m paranoid that something has changed.
She did put on a little weight recently - she stress ate while we were gone in Ireland
.Could even a relatively small amount of weight gain have this much impact on her insulin needs?
Thank you in advance! I know she’s fine and she’s happy. But I can’t help worrying that I must be missing something or doing something wrong
.
Beautiful Moon Moon
I would love to get some experienced eyes on Moonie’s SS and hear the group’s thoughts. Even if you don’t give dosing advice - I would be curious to know what you think might be happening and whether you’ve ever gone through something similar with your sugar kitty.
Moonie has always been bouncy but this is now the 9th cycle where we haven’t seen anything better than a 94, with mostly yellows and blues.
I’m just so confused.
I feel like we’ve been testing enough over the last few days that we likely would have caught any significant fast drops, so I don’t think she secretly went much lower.
We did intervene with 1.5 tsp HC at +2 on both 10/13 PM and 10/14 AM because she had dropped about 50%, so it’s possible we prevented those cycles from fully playing out. That said, in prior bounce breaks, 1.5 tsp HC usually wouldn’t have stopped her for very long. It also should have been mostly out of the picture by +4–6, and we grabbed those later tests on both days just in case.
What is throwing me is that 3.5u was enough to produce a lime on 10/7, and this is already the highest dose she has ever been on.
How much longer would you hold and wait this out? Would it be reasonable to increase tomorrow morning if nothing changes?
Should I get her in to see the doctor again? We did lab work in July and a full dental in April, but now I’m paranoid that something has changed.
She did put on a little weight recently - she stress ate while we were gone in Ireland
Thank you in advance! I know she’s fine and she’s happy. But I can’t help worrying that I must be missing something or doing something wrong
Beautiful Moon Moon
Last edited: