? 10/10 Coco AMPS 477 (ADVISE NEEDED PLEASE?)

win&coco

Member Since 2026
Yesterday post.

I'm trying not to obssess to much but it's hard to see him still in HI. He seems sleepy so that worries me too, he has been drinking water normally and he ate his breakfast normally too. Power is gonna be out in the night probably but hopefully Coco starts to drop a little 😄 and doesn't lose his appetite.



****
I didn't respond to Mary's comment and Wendy's comment on my last post bc I didn't want the old thread to climb up again on an incorrect date but I did read them and I will take them into consideration, thank you.
 
I know it’s hard to see your kitty in such high numbers. I don’t give dosing advice but as you keep posting, the experienced members here will give you advice and help you adjust his dose to get him into better numbers over time. Please stay safe with the power outage - I hope it comes back soon!
 
It's me again. The lowest he went was 444 according to the Libre sensor at 10:38 a.m. I checked again at this time and it says HI however I poked his ear and the meter says 479.

He is really sleepy, he ate recently not much but that brought me a little bit of relief. However I'm worried.

*How much do I need to stick to 2u? I been giving him 2u since 2 days ago and I haven't seen any improvement.

*If he doesn't eat for dinner what do I do? I don't want to leave him with no insulin but it's always supposed to be after food.

*What's the worst that can happen if I up again to 4u?

I saw more improvement with the 4u the vet recommended and now I'm feeling terrible because what if he was right? Should I go back to 4u to see if he starts to drop into better numbers? Should I expect anouther bounce or whatever that was? I just feel like I'm making it worse.

Sorry for the constant posting I'm trying to do what's best but I'm not sure anymore. Can someone please help me?
 
Last edited:
It's me again. The lowest he went was 444 according to the Libre sensor at 10:38 a.m. I checked again at this time and it says HI however I poked his ear and the meter says 479.

He is really sleepy, he ate recently not much but that brought me a little bit of relief. However I'm worried.

*How much do I need to stick to 2u? I been giving him 2u since 2 days ago and I haven't seen any improvement.

*If he doesn't eat for dinner what do I do? I don't want to leave him with no insulin but it's always supposed to be after food.

I saw more improvement with the 4u the vet recommended and now I'm feeling terrible because what if he was right? Should I go back to 4u to see if he starts to drop into better numbers? Should I expect anouther bounce or whatever that was? I just feel like I'm making it worse.

Sorry for the constant posting I'm trying to do what's best but I'm not sure anymore.
Could you use the dropdown menu next to your title and put ā€œ?ā€ by it? It’ll help more experienced members prioritize this thread for responses.
 
It's possible that 2U was too much of a reduction for him. Would you be comfortable going up to 2.5U in the morning?

BTW, Purina has a PRO PLAN - Focus - Urinary Tract Health Formula range of canned foods that is also low carb. Not sure if that would be something that could work for him?
 
Have you been able to test for ketones yet? I'm worried with the higher numbers/less insulin, not eating as much and sleepiness. If there are any ketones then that would immediately change what we suggest for insulin dose.

With his high numbers if he eats less food that's OK, you can still give insulin.

Today is only the 4th day giving insulin twice a day and already you've given two different doses. The insulin depot needs time to build, which means being consistent with a dose. I'd like to see the data on tonight's dose - 5th cycle at this dose, and the answer about ketone measurements, before suggesting what to dose.
 
Back
Top