1/31, Sam, AMPS 130, +6 95 (dose reduction)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by chuckstables, Jan 31, 2023.

1. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Hi folks,

Haven't posted in a while. Sam earned another reduction yesterday; he had a very prolonged time period where he dropped below 50. So he's now on 0.5 units. Gonna have to see how he adjusts, at least it's easier to dose. He's probably still bouncing a bit from being that low, gonna do a +10 test and then a PMPS and see how he's doing.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the new dose. Are you unable to get night time tests now? If so, for safety I'd recommend suggesting to SLGS for dosing and using 90 as the reduction point.

3. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

I can get some night tests if it's super importantI recently changed the time that I have to get up as I lost the shift bid in my union (god damn seniority based shift bids...). It's just messed it up. I'll get a +2 at the very least from now on. It's just messed everything up. I leave him out two timed meals with ice packs every night so he has plenty of food.

But fair point; I'll test at +2 PMPS to +3 PMPS from now on.

4. Wendy&Neko

A +2-+3 is good, it'll tell you if you need to leave out something higher carb for him to eat to stay safe.

5. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Thanks for the advice! Just wanted to let you know why I haven't tested as much lately.

Two weeks ago I was working from home, in my living room (one bedroom apartment, 501 square feet, where sam sleeps on the couch next to my work station when I'm working from home). Last week, I was on vacation, and I tend to stay at home playing video games/playing with Sam when I don't have to work. This was my scheduled "in office" week. This week I'm working from home (since I took vacation on my in office week). I don't really have a social life for the most part, I go for walks for an hour at night, but mostly am a bit of a shut in. So for almost 3 weeks now I've only been away for an hour at most, being with him 22/24 hours per day. He's sitting on me as I type this lol!

With my shift bid/schedule for the next 6 months I'm only in the office on about 28% of the total days in the next 6 months

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  6. Wendy&Neko

FYI, there was more than once when Neko was sleeping peacefully that I tested her and found her in the 30's. Observing visually is not enough.

Jackie and Biggie likes this.
  7. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Noted, thank you for your advice.